Rara Lake Trekking
- 13 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Rara Lake, located inside the Rara National Park in Mugu District of northwestern Nepal.
- Sightseeing tour of UNESCO sites in Kathmandu valley.
- Scenic flight from Kathmandu-Nepalgunj and altitude flight of Jumla.
- Imagine the stunning beauty of a serene lake situated on the lap of a conifer jungle.
- Panoramic views of Rara Lake- Queen of the lakes.
- Rara Lake is the warehouse of freshwater inhabited by three endemic fish (Schizothoraxsps.) and one endemic frog, Paararica.
- The adjoining landscape of pine-rhododendron forest and grassland.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing view of Himalayas.
- Fully supported Tea house and camp trekking.
- Protected area of rare animals found a critical habitat for musk deer, red panda, Himalayan black bear and brown bear.
- Traditional the cultural activities in this region.
Rara Lake Trekking
The western part of Nepal, Jumla Rara lies in the remote Karnali region, northwest of Kathmandu. The Rara region is made-up to long ridge covered with temperate forest and alpine pastures enclosing high valleys. Rara Lake (Mahendra Daha/Tal) situated at Mugu district and altitude of 2,990 meters above the sea level, and falls within the Rara national park. Rara national park, Nepal’s smallest and most scenic national park that spreads over and area of 106 sq km is situated about 370 km north-west of Kathmandu and lies in Mugu a mountainous district of the western region of Nepal. The national park ascends from 1800m to 4480m forested by conifers. The pivotal of Rara national park is the pristine Rara Lake. It is the biggest and largest mountain lake in Nepal. Rara is the best destination point for trekking in the west. The trail of Ra lake trekking is very much off the beaten path and affords glimpses of culture and scenery very different from those in the rest of the country. It covers an area of 10.8 sq. km and the perimeter 9 km. the length of lake is 5-km and it is 2-km side, the altitude is around 3000m. The maximum depth is 167m. Its radiant blue waters is home to the snow trout, the only fish recorded in the lake. Rara lake side is known for long ridges forests and alpine pastures enclosed with high valleys and the lake it. Surrounded by lush forests and spectacular mountains it is described as a shimmering blue jewel set in a ring of snowy peaks. The snowcapped summits of Ruma Kand (3731m) and Malika Kand (3444m) located on the northern side of the lake; provide beautiful views of the lake to the south, and the beautiful Mugu-Kamali river valley to the north. Murma peak also provides an excellent view of the park area.
The trek to Rara Lake is difficult but very rewarding experience. Although the amenities for trekkers have improved over the years, they are still not comparable to the facilities available in the more popular trekking routes. The Rara trekking route wills thus give you a very pure trekking experience on self-sufficiency, secluded trails, and nature at its beat. The culture and scenery are very different from the popular trekking route-it’s a beautiful and calm haven surrounded by forests, and a paradise for bird watchers. The park has recorded 272 species of birds. Some of the important species include coots, snow cock and different species of pheasants, grebes, mallard, common teal, red-crested orchard and gulls. During winter, many migratory birds join the residential gallinaceous birds. The reserve is characterized by, sub-alpine and high temperate vegetation. Common plant species include fir, pine and birch, rhododendron, hemlock, oak, juniper and spruce.
Rara lake and its surrounding area were declared a national park in 1976 to preserve the beauty of the lake and protect the area from pollution, deforestation and not least rara lakes rich fish life. Winter season in this area is cold and harsh. The best time to visit this lake is thus during fall or spring, i.e. September-October and April-May. The pleasant atmosphere and gorgeous valleys with grassy expanses. The Rara trek is strenuous and we will camp throughout the trek.
The attraction of this trekking is that you will have chance to explore the beautiful Rara lake and its surrounded alpine meadows and forest and visit to nearby Rara national park, adjoined with the lake. the park is the home to animals such Himalayan black bear, red panda, leopard, black panther, musk deer, wild boar, rhesus and languor monkeys jackal, Himalayan Thar, yellow throated marten, otter, wild dog. You can explore the Himalayan vegetation and unique landscapes, have stunning Himalayan panorama and explore the serene Rara Lake and typical village life. These entire features have made Rara Lake trekking special and rewarding one.
Rara lake trekking trip begins with flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj continue fly to Jumla and walking along with landscape three - four days reach around Rara Lake and Rara national park side and explore around and return back from same route to Jumla and fly back to Pokhara or Nepalgunj and subsequently to Kathmandu. https://www.immigration.gov.np/page/trekking-route
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Domestic fly to Nepalgunj (150m) about 55 minute by plane.
Day 02: Domestic fly to Jumla (2370m)-15 minute, Trek to Danphe Langa (3130m). About 6 hours
Day 03: Trek to Chautha (2770m), about 6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Jhyari (2635m), about 5 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Rara Lake (3040m), about 4 hours.
Day 06: Rest and exploration at Rara Lake.
Day 07: Trek to Gorusinha (3190m), about 6 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Sinja (2440m), about 5 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Jaljala Chaur (3531m), about 6 hours.
Day 10: Trek from Jaljala Chaur to Jumla about 6 hours.
Day 11: Fly from Jumla to Nepalgunj and continute same day flight to Kathmandu.
Day 12: Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley.
Day 13: Final departure, Transfer to the International airport for your onward destination.
We also arrange: - The itinerary we offer is mainly the guideline to your trip. Our customized itineraries address your specific requirements. You are kindly requested to councult our expert team in order to be perfectly equipped for the Packages as per your interest and requirement with Gorkha Adventure.
Better to know: - One can’t control over natural happenings. So, different unforeseen natural as well as political environment, weather condition, disasters which are out of our control, can affect your tour. As a result, your itineraries may get changed. In such cases, our leading representative will arrange the best alternative itineraries in minimum cost more effectively. However, you shall keep in mind that any delayed schedule or inconvenience caused by the natural obstacles are to be bared in the particula trip yourself.
Flight delayed or cancelation: - In Nepal, Twin-otters are the primary means of transportation in the air for Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Jumla. These flights sometimes can be delayed by few hours or even cancelled for one or many days because of poor visibility, bad weather or technical problems. The delay or cancelation of flights may occur even in fair weather. You must be aware of the bitter truth ‘always anticipate the sudden weather in the mountains’. Undoubtedly, We do our best to ease you by arranging another flight. Helicopter flights could be the alternative. Instead, Gorkha Adventure team will offer you different optional day-activities i.e. hiking, local cultural tours (Monastery sight-seeing) and so on of your choice on your buffer days either in Kathmandu or you can change your trail to Annapurna, Langtang or any other regions. Kindly, note that you will not get refunded on such cases and we will offer you the accommodations only before the starting of your trekking. In case, cancelation of your flights at the end of trip, you have to bear all your expenses in Jumla.
Following are included on the above package cost
- Airport pickup and drop by private car.
- Standard hotel accomodations in Kathmandu include breakfast.
- City sightseeing tour of Kathmandu with Tour guide and Transport.
- Both ways Domestic flight Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Jumla.
- Major meals a day (breakfasts, lunch and dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Trekking equipment (do-men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipments during the trek).
- Nepali fresh fruits such oranges, apples, bananas mango, grape and other Nepali local fruits etc.
- Accommodation in camp with twin sharing tent.
- An experience, friendly and english speak guide during the trek.
- Require the number of porter, Sherpa, and kitchen Staff.
- Nepali staff food, accommodation, salary, transport and insurance.
- All necessary grounded transportation.
- Rara National park fee, entry trekking Permits and TIMS cards all necessary paper.
- Gorkha Adventure provides duffel bags, T-shirt, map and sleeping bag (if required).
- First aid medicine bag and Oxymeter.
- Nepal government taxes and vat13% and service charge.
- Welcome dinner at typical Nepali restaurant.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner during the stay in Kathmandu,Nepaljung.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee $ 30 (duration 14 days) and $ 50 (duration 30 days). More info :-https://www.immigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls and all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory your travel insurance.
- Hot water, hot shower and battery charge fees.
- Tip for the guide and porters.
- Any other thing are not mentioned includes cost.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view