Island Peak Climbing
- 25 Days
- Nepal-Island Peak ,Everest Region
- Min: 2 Pax
- Scenic flight from Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu .
- 360 degree amazing view from Top of the Island peak (6,189m).
- Visit Gokyo valley, Chola Pass, Mt. Everest Base Camp.
- An Unique Sherpa culture and live hood.
- Walking at Sagarmatha National Park World Heritage site.
Island Peak Climbing
Island (ImjaTse) Peak is one of the most popular peaks of the Everest Region. It is situated in Imja Valley at an altitude of 6,160 meters from sea level. It is also known by the name of Island Peak. Island Peak was named by Eric Shiptons party in 1953, as the peak resembles an island in a sea of ice when viewed form Dingboche. Afterwards, in 1983, the peak was renamed to Imja Tse but Island Peak still remains a popular name among climbers. In 1953 the British Everest Expedition team climbed Island Peak for the first time as a training exercise in preparation for Mount Everest. Tenzing Norgay, the first to summit Everest, was also one of the members on this first ascent team.
The Island Peak climbing trip is a special trek, which combines an ascent of Island Peak with a visit to the famous tranquil Gokyo Lake or Everest Base Camp. EBC and Gokyo Ri offers fantastic views of many mountains including top of the world, Mt. Everest, and others such as Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, and Lhotse (over 8,000m). Across the Cho La Pass, one descends to Dingboche to prepare for the ascent to Island Peak. Island Peak is located between Lhotse and the lateral moraine of the Imja Glacier on an extension of Lhotse Shar. A well acclimated party in good physical condition can make the summit and return to the base camp in a day. However, most of the climbers prefer to camp in High Camp, which adds the joy of camping and helps with a safe ascent. The final ridge is a classic of its kind and, from the summit, you can enjoy fabulous views of many giants Himalayan including the immense south face of Lhotse (8,501m), Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) which make a semi-circle in the north. The view of Makalu (8,475m) in the east, the huge peak of Amadablam and Baruntse in the south adds more charm for during Island Peak Climbing. Imja Tse is not only offering an enjoyable climb but also provides some of the most spectacular Himalayan scenery of the Khumbu region.
Our Island Peak climbing trip will end at the Lukla airstrip, descending through the traditional trade center Namche Bazaar. We at Gorkha Adventure are glad to design your Island Peak Climbing with professionally experienced climbing Local Sherpa guide and expert staff for your complete experience.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1350 m) Airpot and Transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02 :Trip preparation and permit paper work day.
Day 03 :Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800m), trek to Phakding (2,640m)
Day 04 :Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,430m)
Day 05 :Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar and visit Khumjung Village (3,790m)
Day 06 :Trek Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200m)
Day 07 :Trek Dole to Machhermo (4,410m)
Day 08 :Acclimatization day at Machhermo
Day 09 :Trek Machhermo to Gokyo (4,790m)
Day 10 :Explore Day in Gokyo (4790m)
Day 11 :Trek Gokyo to Thangnak (4,700m)
Day 12 :Trek Thangnak to Dzongla (4,830m)
Day 13 :Trek Dzongal to Lobuche (4,930m)
Day 14 :Trek Lobuche to Gorakshep (5,140m) and Everest Base Camp (5,364m)
Day 15 :Trek Gorakshep to Kalapathar (5,643m) and Stroll back to Dingboche (4,300m)
Day 16 :Trek Dingboche to Chhukung (4,730m)
Day 17 :Rest day for acclimatization
Day 18 :Trek Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (4,970m)
Day 19 :Climb Base Camp to High Camp
Day 20 :Climb High Camp to Summit (6,189m)
Day 21 :Trek Island Base Camp to Pangpoche (3,900m)
Day 22 :Trek Pangpoche to Namche Bazaar (3,444m)
Day 23 :Trek Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800m)
Day 24 :Early morning, Fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 25 :Final departure for your onward destination
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Trip Date & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival and Departure by private Transportation.
- Full board meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during trek with Tea, coffee each meal in a cup.
- High quality camping equipments quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments ( if required)
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight tickets with including airport taxes.
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit fee and Peak Climbing Permit.
- Warm down Jacket and Sleeping Bag for the trek(if required).
- Government license holder experienced Climbing Guide with their food, accommodation, salary, equipments.
- Porter (between every 2 person basis) Max.25-30kg. Plus their food, accommodation, salary, equipments
- One Sherpa (assistance guide) if group size more than 6 people. Plus their food, accommodation, salary and equipments.
- Duffle Bag during trek and first Aid medical kid.
- Tourist service charge, vat, Governments Tax and official expanse if necessary.
- Insurance for all staff.
- Welcome and Fare well program.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days)
- Lunch and Dinner in kathmandu.
All kind of beverage including mineral water, Phone calls, laundry, hot shower during Trek.
- Clients travel Insurance and evacuation (compulsory).
Tip for Guide, Sherpa and Porters.
- Personal expenses like Shopping, souvenirs or gift. Personal mountaineering gears.
Optional trips and sightseeing if extend.
- International airfare, airport departure tax.
Things which not mention above our services.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view