- 45 Day
- Tibet-Cho-Oyu Expedition
- Min: 2 Pax
- 6th highest mountain in the world
- Ideal training peak for Everest Expediton - probably the easiest among the highest 8,000m
- Guided expedition: Climb experienced Everest, Cho Oyu and other 8,000er summiteers guides and mountaineers
- One base camp and three additional higher Camps supported by highly experienced mountaineers, guides, and crew members
- Expedition includes acclimatization and cultural tour of the Tibetan Capital Lhasa and other ancient settlements
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel (1350M),Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2-3: Rest and preparation day for assignment & briefing before departure from Kathmandu.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04: Drive from Kathmandu to Syprubeshi (1460m),7 hours, overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Drive from Syprubeshi to Kerung border (2000m).Immigration cross and drive up to Kerung height (3200m),2 hours Jeep drive. Overnightat Guest House.
Day 06: After having breakfast drive from Kerung to Tingri (4,348 m),3 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Rest day at Tingri for acclimatization. you could up to a (5000m) hill for acclimatization after breakfast.
Day 08: After breakfast drive from Tingri to the Chinese base camp (4800m),2 hours drive, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 9-11: Rest and acclimatization at Chinese base camp (4800m). To prepare and arrange yaks to go to advanced base camp via middle camp.
Day 12:Trek to Middle Camp (5300m) along the 4x4 track
Day 13:Trek to the ABC (5700m) of Cho- Oyu
Day14-40: Climbing Period – Summit Cho-Oyu (8201m)
Day 41:Dismantling ABC; trek to middle camp; drive to Tingri (4,348m/14,268 ft)-takes about 04 hours trekking and 06 hours driving; overnight in hotel
Day 42: Early in the morning drive from Tingri (4,348m) to Kerung boarder (2000m) overnight at Hotel.
Day 43: After the immigration formalities from China side, Drive Back to Kathmandu, 7 hour,Overnight at Hotel.
Day 44: Free day in Kathmandu and Evening farewell dinner provided by Gorkha Adventure.
Day 45: final departure to your home land.
"We are a team of professionals who share a common devotion to the outdoor and are committed to world travel".Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with Gorkha Adventure. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and Departure Service by Gorkha Adventure.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Equipment Transportation from Kathmandu-Kerung-Kathmandu by Truck and Jeep Transport for clients.
- Chinese custom clearances at the border
- Chinese Government Royalty for Cho-Oyu Expedition for group and climbing Sherpa guide.
- Chinese visa for climbing period, both Base Camp staff, Sherpa and group
- 1:1 Climbing Sherpa guide each member and leaders will be included.
- TMA or CTMA selected English speaking Chinese liaison officer and interpreter
- All camping equipment in Base camp and Advance Base Cam
- Full Board hotel in route in Tibet: Kerung, Tingri (B/L/D) (provided by CTMA)
- Food during expedition period for expedition members and staff
- Tibet Visa and Travel Permit for expedition crew
- Expedition Permit to climbing Cho Oyu along northwest ridge route
- Permanent kitchen facilities at advance base camp.
- All staff during Expedition period with experienced guide (Base Camp Manager) as per group size.
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary
- Cargo clearance & duties assistance service free
- Daily wages, equipment allowance & insurance for expedition staff
- Gamow Bag will be available for expedition group
- Solar panel for light and batteries charger will be available for expedition members
- Quality personal tent at base camp and advance base camp
- Permanent kitchen and dining facilities at advance base camp
- Shower facility at base camp and advance base camp
- All necessary climbing hardware and ropes.
- Preferable meals at BC, ABC, higher camps, Hot drinks and beverages, freeze dried food during expedition
- 24 hours hot drinks and beverage during expedition
- Quality high altitude freeze dried food for Sherpa and staff
- 2 Oxygen Bottles with mask and regulators (if requested by client)
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance.
- Ice falls charges, all high quality tent for higher camps 1, 2, 3 ·
- EPI gas and burners for cooking food above base camp;
- All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for cook, climbing Sherap guide and base camp staff.
- All necessary camping equipment's like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, kitchen tent, shower, toilet tents etc.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up and down carrying by Yak
- Truck will be provided at Kerung boarder -Chinese base camp and return Kerung for loads
- Yaks carry the loads from Chinese base camp to middle camp to advance base camp and return
- Required experienced, trained and Government Licensed climbing guide(s) during climbing period per person as per requirements.
- First Aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
- Satellite phone carrying by guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 3 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- farewell Dinner in kathmandu provided by Gorkha Adventure.
- Our service charges.
Following are excluded on the above package cost.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- food,energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during the trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Extra transportation above the program.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Personal climbing gears
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkies-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides as per Mountaineering Association rules. Minimum US$ 1000.00 per climbing Sherpa guide.
- Tips and gifts for base camp and high altitude trekking and climbing staff.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not included in “COST INCLUDES” section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view