Mera Peak Climbing
- 18 Days
- Nepal-Mera Peak, Everest Region
- Min: 2 Pax
- Short scenic flight Kathmandu - lukla-Kathmandu.
- Aamazing view from Top of the Mera peak (6,476m).
- An Unique Sherpa culture and live hood.
- Amazing Mountain scenery.
- Walking at Sagarmatha National Park World Heritage site.
Mera Peak Climbing
Mera Peak is one of the most thrilling Trekking Peaks in Nepal. Located on the south edge of the famous Khumbu region, it is dominated by Mt. Everest (8,848m) and the beautiful and remote valleys of Hinku and Hunku. J.O.M. Roberts and Sen Tenzing made the first historical ascent on 20 May 1953 on Mera Peak, which involves a culturally exciting journey through picturesque villages and forests followed by a gentle climb to the Mera Base Camp and subsequently on the summit of 6476m. Perhaps its height has made it famous as one of the highest Trekking Peaks in Nepal, that is, any peak above this height is considered a full expedition peak with its associated higher permit cost.
Even though this very high Peak is at moderate to high altitude, Mera is not that complicated nor technical a climb. It is often ascended by groups and individuals who are only climbing qualifications are that they are fit and have an outgoing sense of adventure. It is generally trekked during both of the post and pre-monsoon seasons. The Mera Peak Climbing Trip is an absolute Nepalese mountaineering adventure experience. We avoid the usual routes to the mountain as we prefer to follow a more secret wilderness trek than that used by others. The Mera Peak Climbing begins in Kathmandu where we make last minute preparations then either drive to Jiri or flight to Lukla. At Jiri we trek to the foot of the mountain through the countryside, visiting remote farming communities before crossing the steep Hinku valleys and following a high ridge with magnificent views towards our final goal. However we have not just chosen this route for the views but to provide you with an enhanced cultural experience too. The route we follow also allows for a far better rate of acclimatization than the rapid ascent start from Lukla and over the high pass of the Zatrwa La. We go through forests of rhododendron, bamboo, and pine to reach Kothe (Hinku Khola) from where the trek becomes easier up to Khare Base Camp (5000m). From Khare to Mera-La the trail is steep and Mera-La to our high camp (5800m) is comparatively easier, although we must take care on deep crevasses. There are many other routes to the Mera peak, but none of them are easy, some requiring the crossing of high and difficult passes. No matter, we will follow the standard route to the summit, reaching the Central peak and, perhaps, the slightly higher northern summit, which adds to the true mountaineering experience. All effort and hard work pays off as we summit and some of the finest breathtaking views of Chamlang, Kangchenjunga, Makalu and Baruntse to the east, and Cho Oyu, Ama Dablam and Kangtega to the west emerge. Everest is seen to the north over the massive unclimbed south face of Lhotse and the Nuptse/Lhotse ridge. It is possible to climb this peak and to descend to Base Camp on the same day during favorable conditions.
After this enriching Himalayan experience, our Mera Peak Climbing will end at Lukla airstrip. We at Gorkha Adventure are glad to organize your with our experienced local Sherpa guides and expert staff for your complete experience.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) Airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Trip preparation and permit paper work.Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800m), trek to Chutanga (3173m).
Day 04: Rest day in Chunatga for acclimatization.
Day 05: Trek to Tuli kharka (4400m).
Day 06: Trek to Mosum kharka (3700m).
Day 07: Trek to Tangnag (4350m).
Day 08: Rest day in Tangnag for acclimatization.
Day 09: Trek to Khare (5100m).
Day 10: Trek to Upper Khare (5500m).
Day 11: Trek to High Camp (5800m).
Day 12: High Camp to Summit (6476m) via Tangnag (4350m).
Day 13: Rest Day.
Day 14: Trek to Tashi Ongma (3600m).
Day 15: Trek to Tuli kharka (4,400m).
Day 16: Trek to Lukla (2,800m).
Day 17: Early morning, Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu -35 minutes flight.Overnight at hotel.
Day 18: Final departure for your onward destination.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Trip Date & Price
Trip dates and price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival and departure by private transportation.
- Full board meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during trek with Tea, coffee each meal in a cup.
- High quality camping equipments quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments.(if required)
- Domestic Flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu both way tickets with including airport taxes.
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit fee and Peak Climbing Permit.
- Warm down Jacket and Sleeping Bag for the trek(if required).
- Government license holder experienced Local Guide with their food, accommodation, salary, equipments.
- Porter (between every 2 person basis) Max.25-30 kg. Plus their food, accommodation, salary, equipments
- One Sherpa (assistance guide) if group size more than 6 people. Plus their food, accommodation, salary and equipments.
- Duffle Bag during trek and first Aid medical kid.
- Tourist service charge, vat, Governments Tax and official expanse if necessary.
- Insurance for all staff.
- Welcome and Fare well program.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, Phone calls, laundry, hot shower during Trek.
- Clients travel Insurance and evacuation (compulsory).
- Tipping for Guide, Sherpa and Porters.
- Personal expenses like Shopping, souvenirs or gift.Personal mountaineering gears.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extend.
- International airfare, airport departure tax.
- Things which not mention above our service.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view