Cholatse Peak Climbing
- Min: 2 Pax
- A technical 6,000m snow/ice ascent
- Spectacular exposure on an aesthetic route
- Uncrowded Himalayan classic
A technical Cholatse Peak Climbing in Nepal
Cholatse is a spectacular peak with steep soaring lines on every aspect. It is one of the more prominent peaks on the approach to the Mt. Everest Base camp. Although it does not have quite the commanding position of Ama Dablam, it is prominent as people ascend above Pheriche all the way to base camp, with beautiful views possible in the region of Lobuche. Athough not seen by as many people, the views of it from the Gokyo valley are also stunning. Due to its proximity to the viewer, the peak dominates the scene if you are ever fortunate enough to view a sunset from the summit of Gokyo Ri.
The challenging South West Ridge of Cholatse is a hidden gem of the Himalaya and a solid mountaineering objective for experienced climbers. Nestled between the Khumbu and Gokyo Valleys in the Everest region.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1350 m) Airport, and Transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Preparation for the "Cholatse Peak" climbing and arrangement of Climbing Permit, Tims Card.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2652m/8699ft) Duration: 3 hours
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft) Duration: 6 hours
Day 05: Namche Bazar - Everest View Hotel - Namche
Day 06: Namche to Tengboche (3860m/12660ft) Duration: 5 hours
Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft) Duration: 5 hours
Day 08: Dingboche - Dzongla (4830m) Duration: 5 hours.
Day 09: Rest day at Dzongla (4830 m)
Day 10: Dzongla to Cholatse Base Camp (4,700 m) Durations: 4/5 hours
Day 11: Rest day in Cholatse Base Camp.
Day 12: Cholatse Camp one (5,700 m), Durations: 5/6 hours
Day 13: Cholatse Camp Two (6,000 m) Durations: 5/6 hours
Day 14: Summit to Cholatse Peak (6,440 m) durations: 6/7 hours, back to Cholatse Base Camp.
Day 15: Cholatse base camp to Dzongla. Duration: 3 hours
Day 16: Rest day at Dzongla, around the Everest trails.
Day 17: Trek back to Pheriche (4240 m) Duration: 4 hours
Day 18: Pheriche to Namche (3440m/11283ft) Duration: 7 hours
Day 19: Namche to Lukla (2800m/9184ft) Duration: 7 hours
Day 20: Fly Back Lukla to Kathmandu, abour 30 minutes.
Day 21: Final departure for your home land.
The above mentioned itinerary is just the guideline of your trip. We also provide the customized itineraries to address your specific requirements, Jut we share the Gorkha Adventure Team. Please feel free to contact us.
Following are included on the above package cost.
- All ground transport in a private vehicle, including airport transfers
- 3 Nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a Tourist category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Major meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the treks.
- Best available twin sharing lodge for accommodation during the trek.
- One highly experienced and friendly Climbing Guide and Trekking guide. Porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their Food, accommodation, salary and equipment. Accident insurance for all staff.
- Necessary Cholatse Peak Permit and Everest National Parks entry fees.
- Camping at Dzongla for 5-8 Days (as per needed)
- Kitchen tent, member tent, staff tent and all kitchen wares.
- All meal freshly cooked by our camp cook.
- Transport for all camping gears and kitchen wares with food.
- Round trip domestic flight (Kathmandu – Lukla / Lukla – Kathmandu) including departure taxes
- Down Jacket, Duffle bag and sleeping bag by Gorkha Adventure if required.
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- First aid medicine kit.
- Nepal Government taxes, vat and Our service charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days)
- An international airfare and tax
- An excess baggage charge.
- Compulsory travel and rescue insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (in case of your flight change or delay in Airport) early return from the mountain.
- An extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
- Alcoholic and cold drinks.
- Tips for guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view