Pisang Peak Climbing
- 16 Days
- Nepal-Pisang Peak,Annapurna Region
- Min: 2 Pax
- Thorung La Pass at elevation of 5,416m.
- Amazing scenery and wildlife sight.
- Lowlands to the arid trans-Himalayan experince.
- Aamazing view from Top of the Pisang peak (6,091m).
- An Unique culture and live hood.
- Walking at Annapurna Conservation Area
Pisang Peak Climbing
Pisang peak is a given its name due to its beautiful Pisang Village, which is located in the Heart of Annapurna Himalaya Range. It is one of the non-expedition peaks in Nepal and rises opposite Annapurna II (7937m) roughly in between the giants Annapurna I and Manaslu, both of which are over eight thousand meters. The well-defined Pisang Peak leads to the final snow slope which is quite steep. However it is not too difficult to reach the summit and descent is made on the same route.
Pisang Peak rises from yak pastures above the Pisang village in a uniform slope to the final summit pyramid, which is an unremarkable snow and ice slope. Obviously, the peak has a lot of scope for exploration and pioneering. The whole of the western flank, guarded by hanging glaciers, would appear to offer a considerable challenge. The traverse of the whole summit ridge which connects to a more northern summit before curving back west looks a superb possibility. Pisang Peak is a long snow slog above Pisang village, steep snow at the top. This Peak is made up of steeply tilted rock; the dip slope faces the valley and is well seen in this peak and the great rock slabs further down the valley. The mountaineering school at Manang uses Pisang Peak for training climbs. In 1955 the German Expedition made the first glorious historical ascent on Pisang Peak. Trekkers with little experience in climbing can combine the popular classic Annapurna circuit trek with Pisang Peak to have taste of climbing in Nepal Himalaya.
To Climb Pisang Peak, we drive to Besisahar from Katmandu and begin the trek enroot of the common Annapurna Circuit trails and reach Pisang in 5 days. Then we head to the base camp which ascends from the Pisang village through sparse woods and pasture to a Kharka at 4,380m. This is considered to be the best place for setting up the base camp. For the Pisang Peak High Camp you will climb to a shoulder on the southwestern ridge. There will be snow at the high camp (5,400m) from the end of November to the end of March. The well defined ridge leads to the final snow slop which is quite steep. It is a little difficult to reach the summit but it offers truly great views of the including Annapurna II, III and IV, Tilicho Peak, Ghangapurna, Glacier Dome, Manaslu, Gangapurna, as well as numerous other peaks. After a successful summit, we continue our trek to Manang valley and cross the highest pass of the world, the Thorang La pass (5,416m) early in the morning and arrive to Muktinath, another part of the Annapurna. From there we reach Jomsom, a capital of Mustang where a small airstrip has on the bank of Kaligandaki River.
Collecting bunch of Himalaya experience, Pisang Peak Climbing trip will end at the Jomsom airstrip for a flight back to Pokhara in the early morning. We at Gorkha Adventure are glad to design your Pisang Peak Climbing trip with our experienced climbing guides and expert staff for your complete experience.
Day to Day trip Itinerary
Day 01 :Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) airport and transfer to hotel.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02 :Trip preparation and permit paper work.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03 :Drive from Kathmandu to Chame(2670m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04 :Trek to Pisang (3190m).Overnight at Guest House
Day 05 :Rest day in Pisang for acclimatization.Overnight at Guest House
Day 06 :Trek to Pisang Base Camp (4,380m).Overnight at Tanted Camp.
Day 07 :Acclimatization day in Pisang base camp.Overnight at Tanted Camp.
Day 08 :Climb Pisang Base Camp to High Camp (5,400m).Overnight at Tanted Camp.
Day 09 :Climb High Camp to Summit (6,091m).Overnight at Tanted Camp.
Day 10 :Trek Pisang Peak Base Camp to Manang (3,540m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11 :Trek to Letdar (4200m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12 :Trek to Thorang Phedi (4450m) or Thorang High Camp (4850m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 13 :Trek to Muktinath (3800m) via Thorang La Pass (5416m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 14 :Trek to Jomsom(2710m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 15 : Early Morning Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara (950m) then afternoon bly back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 16 : Final departure, transfer to International airport for your own destination.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Trip Date & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and departure by private transportation.
- Accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu, teahouses and tents during trekking and climbing
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums
- Services of English speaking, trained and experienced staff including Tour guide, trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader), assistant guides and porters
- Including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Domestic flights (Jomsom to Pokhara to Kathmandu) Ticket
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in mountain
- Porter (between every 2 person basis) Max.25-30 kg. Plus their food, accommodation, salary, equipments
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Lobuche Peak climbing permit
- Good quality Tents and Kitchen utensils for camping
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Agency duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map(if required)
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipments
- Medical kit,Travel and rescue arrangements
- Required Nepal Government taxes/royalties
- Agency services Charge
- Welcome and farewell dinner
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, Phone calls, laundry, hot shower during Trek.
- Your Travel Insurance and evacuation (compulsory).
- Tipping for Guide,Sherpa and Porters.
- Personal expenses like Shopping, souvenirs or gift.Personal mountaineering gears.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extend.
- International airfare, airport departure tax and Visa fee.
- Things which not mention above our services.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view