Lobuche Peak Climbing
- 19 Days
- Nepal-Lobuche Peak,Everest Region
- Min: 2 Pax
- Scenic flight KTM to Lukla.
- Aamazing view from Top of the Lobuje East (6,119m).
- An Unique Sherpa culture and live hood.
- Walking at Sagarmatha National Park World Heritage site.
Lobuche Peak Climbing
Lobuche Peak is situated in the heart of the Everest Region, en route to the Everest Base Camp Trek. Lobuche Peak has two distinct summits - Lobuche East (6,119m) and Lobuche West (6,145m). Even though they are associated by a ridge, there is a sharp gap and a considerable distance between them. It can be seen from near Pheriche, the dark triangle of its rocky East Face rises above the moraines of the Khumbu Glacier to an ice skyline.
The popular Trekking Peak Lobuche is an attractive summit, offering a variety of existing routes and a wide scope for new lines. At first Lobuche East were climbed by the Swiss in 1952, subsequent attempts fell short of the summit, finally Laurence Nielson and Ang Gyalzen Sherpa made the first ascent history of Lobuje East on 25 April 1984. Although it is possible that others had reached the summit before but did not record their climbs. To climb Lobuje East Peak, we follow the Everest Base Camp route, Lukla, Namche bazaar, Tenganboche and up to Pheriche and then trek to Thugla, Gorak Shep, continuing to Kala Pattar at 5,550 m, which offers great views of Everest and good acclimatization for your Expedition. It is also possible to follow the Gokyo valley and to cross the Chola pass, a route which is also good for acclimatization. Whichever route we take shall place us at the Base Camp at 4,950m. Here there is a lake in a rocky hollow at the base of the glaciated South-West Face nearby Dzongla and a high camp at 5,300m either at a lake or a little higher near a pass. The Lbuche East Peak ais quite striking and reached by descending into marked notch and climbing steep snow-ice slopes to the summit. This is rarely climbed and is often mistaken for Lobuje West. Most attempts on the mountain climb the summit ridge only as far as subsidiary snow top, before the notch, south-east of the true peak. The false summits east of the notch have and then climbing steep snowy slopes to the summit. The summit of Lobuje East offer breathtaking view of the many peak as well as roof of the world Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nupse, and Makalu, Ama Dablam, Khangtenga, Thamserku and Tawache and Cholaste. The descent is the same way, returning to Base Camp on the same day.
Lobuje East Peak Climbing trip will end at Lukla airstrip descending through the traditional trade center Namche Bazaar. We Gorkha Adventure are glad to design your Lobuche East Peak Climbing trip with our experienced climbing Guides and expert staff for your entire experience.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01 :Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) airport and transfer to hotel.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02 :Trip preparation and permit paper work.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03 :Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800m), trek to Phakding (2,640m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04 :Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,430m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05 :Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar and visit Khumjung Village (3,790m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06 :Trek to Tangboche (3,867m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07 :Trek to Dingboche (4,300m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08 :Acclimatization day at Dingboche.Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09 :Trek to Lobuche (4,930m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10 :Trek to Gorakshep (5,140m)and Everest Base Camp (5,364m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11 :Trek to Kalapathar (5,643m)and Stroll back to Lobuche (4,930m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12 :Trek to Lobuche East Base Camp. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 13 :Trek to High Camp. Stay overnight at Tent.Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 14 :Climb High Camp to Summit Lobuche East (6,119m) back to Lobuche. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 15 :Trek to Tangboche(3867m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 16 :Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,444m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 17 :Trek to Lukla (2,800m).Overnight at Guest House.
Day 18 :Early Fly back to Kathmandu.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 19 :Final departure for your onward destination.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and departure pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- Accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu, teahouses and tents during trekking and climbing
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums
- Services of English speaking, trained and experienced staff including Tour guide, trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader), assistant guides and porters
- Including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All domestic flights (Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu)
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in mountain( breakfast,Lunch and Dinner)
- Porter services for trekking
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Lobuche Peak climbing permit
- Good quality Tents and Kitchen utensils for camping
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Agency duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map(if required)
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipments
- Medical kit,Travel and rescue arrangements
- Required Nepal Government taxes/royalties
- Our agency services Charges.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, Phone calls, laundry, hot shower during Trek.
- Clients travel Insurance and evacuation (compulsory).
- Tipping for Guide,Sherpa and Porters.
- Personal expenses like Shopping, souvenirs or gift. Personal mountaineering gears.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extend.
- International airfare, airport departure tax.
- Things which not mention above our services.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view