Upper Dolpo Trekking
- 24 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tours in UNESCO sites, (Kathmandu, Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath and Buddhist Stupa).
- Scenic flight from Kathmandu-Nepaljung-Jufal.
- Amazing views of the biggest lake of Nepal- The beautiful Shey-Phoksundo Lake.
- Exploring the different ethnic communities and traditional culture.
- Fully supported camping trek.
- Walking through the biggest Natioanl Park of Nepal.
- Crossing over Kangla Pass (5151 meters) and Saldang Pass(4785meters).
Trekking in Upper Dolpo | Peter Matheson-"The snow Leopard and Snell Grove", "Himalayan Pilgrimage"
Upper Dolpo Trekking is a most challenging adventure trails in Dolpo Region of Nepal. This Trek is long and challenging off the beaten path adventure around remote areas of Nepal.
Dolpo is situated between the Tibetan plateau and the Dhaulagiri range. The entire district was closed to trekkers until 1989 when the southern part of Dolpo was opened to organized trekking groups. Our trekking adventure begins with tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu. We then fly to Nepalgunj and then to Juphal from where we begin our trek in the Dolpo region which was made famous by Peter Matthiessen’s book. The first English subtitled movie on Dolpo “The Caravana” or “The Himalaya Pilgrimage” of Nepal was a huge success and was nominated for the Oscar Award in the best foreign language film category. Boundaries of the Shey Phoksundo Park include within 3,500 square kilometers of land, mostly above 4,000 meters.
Upper Dolpo trekking is a quite far-western part of the Nepal’s tranquil and natural heavens but yet unexplored areas. We have to cross three high passes like: Nagdalo La (5,350 m), Shey La (5,000 m) and Jeng La (5,110 m). These passes are of long hiking up and descending down. These are restricted area of Nepal. US $ 500 is charged for the first 10 days, and US $ 50 for each additional day. Currently, the maximum number of people who can enter in this region is 250. So, giving you more opportunity and explore this fascinating wild west of Nepal Himalaya through Upper Dolpo.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1350 m) Airport and Transfer to the Hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Day 02: Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at Hotel
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. About 1 hour. Overnight at Hotel
Day 04: Fly to Juphal (2400 m). About 40 min and Trek to Dunai (2150 m). 3 hrs, Overnight at Hotel
Day 05: Trek to Ankhe (2660 m). 6hrs. Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 06: Trek to Renje (3104 m). 7hrs. Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 07: Trek to Shey-Phoksundo Lake (3600 m). 7hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 08: Trek to Phoksundo Khola (3507 m). 6 hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 09: Trek to Phoksundo Bhanjyang (4402 m).7 hrs, at Tented Camp
Day 10: Trek to Shey Gompa (4085 m) via Kangla Pass (5151 m).7 hrs, at Tented Camp
Day 11: Exploring Shey Gompa- the Buddhist Monastery. Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 12: Trek to Namduna Gaun (4400 m) via Saladanga La Pass (4785 m).Overnight at Tent Camp
Day 13: Trek to Saldang (4151 m). 4hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 14: Trek to Sibu (3942 m). 6hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 15: Trek to Jengla (4369 m). 6hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 16: Trek to Tokyu Gaun (4240 m) via Jengla Pass (4845 m). 7 hrs, at Tented Camp
Day 17: Trek to Dhotarap (3586 m). 5hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 18: Trek to Serkam (3630 m). 6hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 19: Trek to Khanigaun (2550 m). 7hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 20: Trek to Tarakot (2281 m). 4hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 21: Trek to Dunai (2052 m). 5hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 22: Trek to Jufal (2404 m). 33 hrs, Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 23: Fly back from Juphal to Nepaljung and to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel
Day 24: Transfer to airport, Final departure flight for your onward destination.
Important Note: If above trip itinerary that doesn’t suit to your holiday schedule or you wish to modify the itinerary or combines with any travel plans, then please let us know and well be happy to create a tailor made itinerary, designed especially for you. Please click here for inquiry from.
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival/Departure Airport picks up and drops by private a/c tourist transport
- A Guided city tour by private tourist a/c transport
- A government licensed holder city tour guide
- Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Juphal
- Fly back from Juphal to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
- Three Nights twin sharing 3 star hotel in Kathmandu including bed and breakfast.
- Major meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
- Tented Camp accommodation during the trek
- Professional license holder English speaking Trekking Guide
- The required number of local staff and porters (2 Trekkers = 1 Porter)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Upper Dolpo Special Permit and TIMS Cards for the trekking
- Necessary required Camping equipments during the trek
- Down Jacket, Duffle bag and sleeping bag by Gorkha Adventure if required
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant
- Nepal government taxes, vat & service charges
Following are excluded on the above package cost:
- Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu.
- International or domestic air tickets & airport taxes -except Jomsom to Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipments & clothing.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls & all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory Your travel insurance.
- Tips for Guide, Porter and Driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view