Ama Dablam Expedition
- 32 Day
- Nepal-Ama Dablam Expedition
- Min: 2 Pax
- One of the prettiest mountains on earth at an altitude of 6,812m
- One of the best view points in the Himalayas with superb views of five above 8,000m mountains including the Everest
- Multi-camp (3 camps normally) expedition led and supported by highly experienced mountaineers, guides, and crew members
- Mixed route with ice, snow, and rock climbing around the glacier with fixed ropes and anchors
- Expedition includes a few days of trek into the scenic Khumbu valley with magnificent Sherpa culture
Ama Dablam Expedition
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) Airport and transfer to the Hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Preparation, Briefings at Departments of tourism. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Flight to Lukla (35 minutes) and Trek to Phakding (2650m), 4 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar through Khumbu villages (3440m), 6hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Rest day for acclimatization, Hike to Everest View Hotel (3800m), 3hours Everest; explore Hilary and Sherpa museum at Namche .Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Tyangboche (3850m), 5 hours, visit to Buddhist monastery, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Trek to Ama Dablam Base camp (4600m), 5hours, Overnight at Camp.
Day 8-26: Climbing period Summit of Amadablam (6,812m).
Day 27: clean of route and Return back to Tengboche (3860m), 5hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 28: Trek back to Namche Bazaar (3440m), 4hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 29: Trek back to Lukla (2840m), 7hours), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 30: Fly back Lukla to Kathmandu (1350M); 35minutes, Transfer to the Hotel.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 31: Free Day, Evening: Farewell-Celebration dinner with culture program. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 32: Final departure for your ownard destination.
Trip Date & Price
Trip dates and price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and departure transfer services by Gorkha Adventure
- Hotels accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast Plan
- Experienced high altitude trekking,Climbing guide during the trekking and climbing period and expedition Climbing Sherpa
- Flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu all climbing member, Sherpa guide, liaison officer and kitchen staff
- All trekking and mountaineering equipments like; kitchen tent, stores tent, dining tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils for advance Base Camp and camp two.
- Common climbing equipment (necessary fixed and main rope, ice bars, ice screws, snow bar etc)
- Services of cook and kitchen boy at Advance Base Camp
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts+ Lunch+Dinners with tea/ coffee) in available tea house/hotel/lodge during the trekking.
- 3 fresh meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners) will be serve at base camp, and camp two
- All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition for both members and crews.
- Per person 40kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak to climbing the Mt. Ama Dablam.
- Daily Weather Report Services from Seattle based
- Trekking Permit (Everest National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition Royalty and climbing permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Ama Dablam(6812M).
- All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- Equipment allowances and wages for Climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen boys and Liaison Officer.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 3 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for heating the dining room.
- Emergency Oxygen, mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3 for members and staff.
- Ice fall charges by SPCC
- Portable Altitude Chamber
- Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance for staff
- Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude climbing Sherpa guide, cook and staff.
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Fresh cooked food and kitchen will be provided at Advance Base camp.
- EPI Cooking gas, stove will be provided in camp one, three and south col for cooking food, boiling water.
- Generator will be providing for back- up of lighting power and charging electronic tools.
- Transportation of food supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu (Cargo to Lukla and then by porter/Yaks to base camp)
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Following are excluded on the above package cost.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Any packed food or snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during the trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Extra program.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Filming permit (if special camera).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides as per Mountaineering Association rules. Minimum US$ 500.00 per climbing Sherpa guide.
- Tips and gifts for base camp and high altitude trekking and climbing staff
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance on arrival in Kathmandu)
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not included in “COST INCLUDES” section.
"We are a team of professionals who share a common devotion to the outdoor and are committed to world travel".Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with Gorkha Adventure. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view