Upper Mustang Trekking
- 17 Days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu valley Sightseeing UNESCO World Heritages Sites
- We hike along the Trans-Himalayan Region.
- Visit old monasteries, caves and Buddhist shrines City of walled.
- Ancient Chhoser caves (where 44 rooms)
- Tibetan culture and scenery Forbidden kingdom of Mustang
- Spectacular Himalaya views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Tukuche Peak , Nilgiri and more.
Upper Muastang Trekking
The historical property of Nepal, upper mustang is located north of Annapurna region. The average elevation of 4000m is geologically and culturally falls onto Tibetan side. The valley is decorated by rocky formations containing many caves and cliffs. It was formally opened for tripping in 1992. Very few people (approximately 700 trekkers each year) visit upper mustang thus you be not disturbed during the trek and explore Tibetan culture. This trek is also named as Lo-manthang trek.
Mustang is a mystical land with topography and culture resembling of Tibet which has many unique features and attractions. The Himalayan Kingdom, Upper Mustang consists of two distinct regions the southern part and the northern where the languages, culture and traditions are alike to the Tibetan people. The major attraction of Upper Mustang is the city of Lo-Manthang which is surrounded by the wall.
Upper mustang was a separate kingdom within Nepal until 2006. This -Tibetan settlement of Nepal has the same respect for their king Jigme Paramal Bista. Lo-manthang (Upper Mustang) trek is through high altitude deserted country-side climbing in and out. The gorge, through which the kali Gandaki River runs, is the deepest gorge in the world. This region is fascinated by some of Nepal’s oldest monasteries, ancient and isolated villages with white painted house. Mustang trekking rocky path gives you beautiful views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Tukuche peak, mustang Himal, Tilicho peak, Araniko Chuli and many others.
The people still remain predominantly Tibetan untouched by the outside world or the Chinese Culture. Monasteries from 16th century still remain active to preserve this magnificent trans-Himalayan kingdom, with their unrivalled Thankas, Mandalas. Since, October 1991, only counted foreigners ever visited this isolated region. It’s to be hoped that the limited number of trekkers allowed into Mustang. In this wild landscape of unreal color and beauty, of mountains seems to reach up to deep blue skies, while icy peaks shine grandly to the south. Vast and barren area extends to the northern horizon.
A journey to mustang would be remarkable. Few charming guest houses and restaurants in the region will recall your adventure ever. And camping is required and most necessities must be carried in. Upper Mustang treks are still restricted by a set of rules for cultural conservation and require a fee. The high speed wind, altitude and coldness add to the challenge of this trek. It is not recommended to do in the winter months and can be arduous for some people even in the warmer months.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) airport and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & preparation for the Trek.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (850m), about 6 hour/ or Flight 30 minute. O/N at Hotel.
Day 04: Pokhara to Jomsom (2713m) by flight then Trek to Kagbeni (2800m). O/n at Guest House.
Day 05: Trek to Chele (3060m). O/n at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Shyangbochen (3800). O/n at Guest House.
Day 07: Trek to Ghami (3520m). O/n at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3810m). O/N at Guest House.
Day 09: Explore Around Lo-Mangthang (3810m). O/N at Guest House.
Day 10: Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar (3820m). O/N at Guest House.
Day 11: Trek to Geling/ Ghiling (3570m). O/N at Guest House.
Day 12: Trek to Chhuksang (2980m). O/N at Guest House.
Day 13: Trek to Jomsom (2720m). O/N at Guest House.
Day 14: Jomsom flight to Pokhara (850m). O/N at Guest House.
Day 15: Drive From Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus (1350m) or Flight. O/N at Hotel.
Day 16: Free Day/leisure day in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 17: Final departure for your ownard Destination.
We also arrange: - The itinerary we offer is mainly the guideline to your trip. Our customized itineraries address your specific requirements. You are kindly requested to consult our expert team in order to be perfectly equipped for the Packages as per your interest and requirement with Gorkha Adventure.
Better to know: - One can’t control over natural happenings. So, different unforeseen natural as well as political environment, weather condition, disasters which are out of our control, can affect your tour. As a result, your itineraries may get changed. In such cases, our leading representative will arrange the best alternative itineraries in minimum cost more effectively. However, you shall keep in mind that any delayed schedule or inconvenience caused by the natural obstacles are to be bared in the particular trip yourself.
Flight delayed or cancelation: - In Nepal, Twin-otters are the primary means of transportation in the air for Jomsom to Pokhara. These flights sometimes can be delayed by few hours or even cancelled for one or many days because of poor visibility, bad weather or technical problems. The delay or cancelation of flights may occur even in fair weather. You must be aware of the bitter truth ‘always anticipate the sudden weather in the mountains’. Undoubtedly, we do our best to ease you by arranging another flight. Helicopter flights could be the alternative. Instead, Gorkha Adventure team will offer you different optional day-activities i.e. hiking, local cultural tours (Monastery sight-seeing) and so on of your choice on your buffer days either in Jomsom or you can change your trail to Mustang to Beni via Pokhara by Private transport. Kindly, note that you will not get refunded on such cases and we will offer you the accommodations only before the starting of your trekking. In case, cancelation of your flights at the end of trip, you have to bear all your expenses in Jomsom.
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival and departure airport by private tourist vehicle.
- All grounded transportation as per above itinerary.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation hotel in Kathmandu/ Pokhara on B&B plan.
- Government license holder tour and trekking guide, during the trek and tour .
- Required number of porters, their food, and accommodation.
- We provide down jacket, duffel/kit bag and sleeping bag by Gorkha Adventure (If required).
- Lunch, dinner, and breakfast and tea house accommodation during the trek.
- Salary of staff, insurance, equipment.
- First Aid medical kits.
- Annapurna conservation area fee.
- Upper Mustang special permit
- Flight fare from Kathmandu- Pokhara- Jomsom/Jomsom- Pokhara- Kathmandu including airport tax.
- Nepal Government taxes, Vat and Service charge.
- Farewell dinner prgram:Typical Nepali Restaurant with Cultural show.
Following are excluded on the above package cost.
- Nepal visa fee.
- Lunch, Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Compulsory your travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure taxes.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry service
- Personal trekking equipments.
- All monastery and Cave fees while in Mustang area.
- Tips for guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Horse Ridding during the trek.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view