Damodar Kunda Lake Trek
- 22 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath , Pashupatinath and Buddhist Stupa.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
- Mountain flight from Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhra.
- Stunning view of Annapurna & Dhaulagiri Himalayas.
- Different ancient caves and beautiful landscape.
- Exploration of the holy Lake & starting point of Kaligandaki River - Damodar Kunda.
- involded Tibetan community and their traditional life style.
- Muktinath: Both religoius sites of Buddhist and Hindu Pilgrimage
Trekking in Damodar Kunda
Damodar Kunda situated in Mustang District of Nepal, a basin in the Damodar Himal (6,706m) and flows southward through a rain shadow valley on the eastern edge of the Annapurna Range. The elevation of the Damodar Kunda is just 4890 meters; it is cold and windy place.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (1350m) Kathmandu, Nepal.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour and Trek Preparation, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (840m) by bus-6 hours or fly- 25min
Day 04: Domestic flight Pokhara to Jomsom (2720m) 18 minutes, and Trek to Kagbeni (2810m)-4 hours.
Day 05: Trek from Kagbeni to Chele (3050m) 6 hrs, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 06: Trek from Chele to Syangmochen (3818m), about 7 hours, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 07: Trek from Syangmochen to Dhakmar (3820 m), about 7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek from Dhakmar to Tsarang (3560m), 6 hours, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 09: Trek from Tsarang to Lo Manthang (3810m), 6 hours, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 10: Lo-Manthang, explore the Chhosar cave, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 11: Trek back to Tsarang (3590m), about 5 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12: Lo- Manthang trek to Yara (3650m) 5 hours, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 13: Trek Yara to Ghuma Thanti (4800m) 6 hours, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 14: Trek Ghuma Thanti to Damodar Kunda (4890m) 8 hours ,Overnight in Guest House.
Day 15: Exploring the high altitude Damodar Kunda Lake (4890m), Overnight in Guest House.
Day 16: Trek back Damodar Kunda to Yara (3900m) 7 hours, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 17: Trek Yara to Tangye (3240m) 7 hours, Overnight in Guest House.
Day 18: Trek Tangya to cross the (Pa-Pass 4183 m) Chhusang (2980m) 10 hours.
Day 19: Drive from Chhusang to Muktinath (3810m) by jeep 2 hours.
Day 20: Drive from Muktinath to Jomsom (2740m) by public jeep 2 hours.
Day 21: Domestic flight Jomsom to Pokhara (840m), 250 min, Overnight in Hotel.
Day 22: Domestic flights Pokhara to Kathmandu fly 25 min or drive back 5 hours by car.
Day 23: Final departure for your home land.
Note: Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and departure airport pick up & airport drop by private transport, Car Bus & Van.
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu/Pokhara with bed and breakfast.
- All surface transportation available as per above Itinerary.
- Necessary permits and TIMS card fee.
- Domestic flight ticket, Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara by plane.
- Three time meal during the trekking breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide.
- Government license holder trekking guide/leader for the team.
- One porter who will carry your luggage during the trekking (two person get one porter).
- Special Permit (Upper Mustang & Annapurna conservation area project entry fee).
- Insurance for Nepalese staff (trekking guide and porters).
- Down Jacket, duffel bag and Sleeping by Gorkha Adventure (If required).
- Farewell dinner in the typical Nepalese restaurant with traiditional cultural show.
- Nepal government tax and office service charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner during the stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- International or domestic air tickets & airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 14 days) and US$ 50 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipments & clothing.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls & all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Tips for guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view