Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
- 27 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tour in UNESCO Sites.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Sotikhola and Dharapani to Kathmandu.
- Explore the typical countryside with many ethnic groups.
- Landscape of rolling terraced farmlands.
- An unique Tibetan Buddhist traditional culture and lifestyle
- Trek to restricated area of Tsum Valley.
- Natural hotspring on the way in Tatopani.
- Discover the Tibetan influence in this region.
- Panoramic views of Himalayas:- Manaslu 8163m, Himalchuli, Himlung Himal, Boudha Himal, Peak 29, and Ganesh Himal etc.
- Cross over the Larkya La Pass (5106m).
Tsum Valley Trekking in Manaslu region
Tsum valley is a remote corner in the eastern Manaslu region of Nepal. Tsum Valley is known as the Beyul Kyimolung, the holy hidden valley of happiness first described by Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhava) in the eighth century. Only recently opened to trekking. It offers a breathtaking adventure in pristine highlands near the Tibetan frontier. Milarepa meditated in the caves of Piren Phu and there are centuries old nunneries. The sacred valley has regal Buddhist monasteries and Nunneries , far-flung village and thrilling Himalayan views.
A glittering array of panoramas, peaks and a hidden valley of Tsum awaits you! Trekking is an experience of a lifetime. Good-speed and keep on Trekking
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is a newly opened trekking trial in the Manaslu region which requires a special permit. Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek offers beautiful landscapes, lush valleys, unique Buddhist culture and above all the charm of every adventurous trekkers- spectacular Himalayan view.
Restricted Area Trekking Permit to Tsum Valley and Manaslu Conservation Area Project (MCAP) permit both issued by Immigration office Kathmandu (www.immi.gov.np).
Tsum Valley and Manaslu Trek starts from the buzzling city of Kathmandu with the sightseeing tours of cultural heritages around it. We drive to Soti Khola through Arughat. We start our trek from Soti Khola. We walk through Macha Khola, Jagat ,Lokpa and enter the entrancing Tsum valley which lies in the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal range, Sringi Himal range and Boudha Himal ranges. This serene valley is rich in ancient art, culture, and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin and seek a unique dialect. After the Tsum valley exploration, we pass Namrung to reach Samagaon. We take time to acclimatize and move up to Dharmashala and reach Bhimphedi after crossing Larkya La pass (5106m). We further head to Tilije and Chamje and conclude our trek. On the way, we walk through the beautiful rhododendron with the beautiful mountain views everywhere. This beautiful walk along the lush rhododendron forest with the Mountain View all around you is awe inspiring.
Tsum Valley and Manaslu Region has unique environment and are exceptionally rich in bio-diversity. The charismatic combination of the majestic Himalayan ranges, high altitude glacier lakes and the fascinating flora and fauna in its undisturbed natural habitat is vivid. An interaction with the hostile local people gives you some insights about their lifestyle, tradition and culture. This trek is among the most remote and spectacular treks with rough steep tracks and limited accommodation. You can either stay at a tent or at the available tea houses during the trek.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) Airport and Transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Full-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, Trip-preparation.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Soti Khola (700m) via Arughat (608m) 7-8 hrs drive.
Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola (869m-3051 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 05: Trek to Jagat (1340m-3910 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 06: Trek to Ekle Bhatti (1600m -5151 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 07: Trek to Lokpa (2240m -7349 ft), about 5 hour walk.
Day 08: Trek to Chumling (2386m -7828 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 09: Trek to Kowo (2630m-8310ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 10: Trek to Chhokangparo (3031 m -9944 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 11: Trek to Nile (3361m -11027 ft) via Rachen Gompa (3240 m), about 6 hour walk.
Day 12: Trek to Mu Gompa (3700 m -12139 ft), about 5 hour walk.
Day 13: Trek to Dupchet (4180 m), about 5 hour walk.
Day 14: Trek back to Domje (2460 m), about 6 hours
Day 15: Trek to Lokpa (2240 m-7349 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 16: Trek to Bihi Phedi (1990m -6529 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 17: Trek to Namrung (2630m -8629 ft), about 5 hour walk.
Day 18: Trek to Shyala (3500m-10433 ft), about 5 hour walk.
Day 19: Trek to SamaGaon (3520m- 11,581 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 20: Exploration day at SamaGaon
Day 21: Trek to Samdo (3875m -12106 ft), about 4 hour walk.
Day 22: Trek to Dharamashala (4460m-14,665 ft) Larkya Phedi, about 6 hour walk.
Day 23: Cross Larkya La pass (5106m -17, 110 ft) and Trek to Bhimthang (3590m), about 6 hour walk.
Day 24: Trek to Tilje (2300 m -7,546 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 25: Trek to Chemjhe (1430m -5,659 ft), about 6 hour walk.
Day 26: Drive from Chemjhe to Besisahar (760m) by jeep and continue Kathmandu 114 KM, about 4 hour by bus.
Day 27: Final departure for your homeland.
Option B: Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1350m) Airport and Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Pre-Trip Meeting and sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Aarughat (600 m), 7-8 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Baseri (1400m), 6-7 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Khorlebeshi (970m) 4-5 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Jagat (134m) 6 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Ekle Bhatti (1600m) 5hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Chumling (2386 m) 7 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Chhekamparo (3031m), 3-4 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Mu Gompa (3700m),1-2 hrs.
Day 11: Acclimazation day at Mu Gompa.
Day 12: Trek back to Domje (2460 m),6 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Lokpa (2240m), 4-5 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Behi Phedi (1990m), 4-5 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Namrung (2630m), 5-6 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Samagaon (3520m), 2-3 hrs.
Day 17: Explorations day at Samagaon
Day 18: Trek to Samdo (3875m), 2-3 hrs.
Day 19: Trek to Dharamsala (4460m), 2-3 hrs.
Day 20: Trek Larkya la Pass (5106m) to Bimthang (3590 m), 7-9 hrs.
Day 21: Trek to Dharapani (1963m), 7-8 hrs.
Day 22: Drive from Dharapani to Besisahar by jeep, continues Besisahar to Kathmandu by bus- 9 hour.
Day 23: Final departure for your onward destination.
If above trip itinerary that doesn’t suit to your holiday schedule or you wish to modify the itinerary or combines with any travel plans, then please let us know and well be happy to create a tailor made itinerary, designed especially for you. Please click here for inquiry from.
Trip Dates & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|13-04-2021||04-05-2021||US$ $2310||Trekking||Book Now|
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Airport picks up and drop by private tourist transport.
- 3 Nights’ twin sharing 3 star hotels in Kathmandu including bed and breakfast.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu with tour guide and private car.
- Major meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek.
- Tea House basis accommodation during the trek.
- An Eco-friendly professional license holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters (2 Trekkers = 1 Porter).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Manaslu and Tsum Valley Special permit
- An entry fee of Anaapurna Coversation and Manasu Conservation Permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket, Duffle bag and sleeping bag by Gorkha Adventure if required.
- Kathmandu-Sotikhola and Besisahar to Kathmandu by bus.
- Chemjhe to Besisahar by sharing jeep.
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- Nepal government taxes, vat 13% & service charges.
Following are excluded on the above package cost:
- Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu.
- International or domestic air tickets & airport taxes -except Jomsom to Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 14 days) and US$ 50 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipments & clothing.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls & all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory Your travel insurance.
- Tips for Guide, Porter and Driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view