Helambu Valley Trek
- 11 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- UNESCO World Heritage sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubenshi and Melamchipul to Kathmandu
- Trekking through lush green forest of fir, rhododendron, hemlock etc.
- Crossing through crystal clear water streams, cliffs, waterfalls
- Buddhist Cultural practices of Tamang and Tibetan people
- Involved, Typical Tamang Settlements and their culture
- Great Langtang lirung views, Panooramic snanp of Ganesh Himal, Goshainkunda ranges
- Local cultural practices of Tibetan and Hyolmo of Helambu
- Hike to Kyangjing Ri (4,750 m) for the great Himalayas
- Visit Goshainkunda - the holy pilgrimage sites of Hindus
- Crossing the Lauribina Pass (4610 m) and view craggy mountains
- A view of Langtang Glacier and Yak herding nearby
- Looking the cheese factory in Kyangjing and Chandanbari
- A rare animal Red Panda, Common Langur and Honey Hunting Places
Langtang Helambu Valley Trekking
The capital city of Nepal-Kathmandu is the commencing point of our journey. We then travel towards Syabrubesi by bus. Syabrubesi is the main and special starting of this trek. On the way, you will be offered with rhododendron forest & bamboo forests with various wildlife, waterfalls, springs & beautiful views of snow white Langtang Lirung(7200m).This trek includes visiting to a religious place Gosainkunda, where large number of devotees visit every year. Gosainkunda has its own history, faiths & beliefs influenced by Hindu Religion. However, it is holy place for Buddhist too.
Our trekking route goes along the bank of Bhote Koshi River. We need to elevate or ascend to reach Langtang Khola.The trail after Langtang khola goes along the forest of rhododendron, Oak & bamboo. Then we will reach Langtang Valley & Kyanjng Gompa which is situated at an altitude of 3870m.This Sherpa Village has many old monasteries. We will then climb towards Tserko Ri, from where the spectacular view of Langtang Lirung (7200m) can be seen. We will find traditional local cheese factories in this place. You will get an opportunity to view Ganesh Himal (7600m) & Langtang-2(7227m) through Chadan Bari which is situated at an altitude of 3330m.Then we move towards Gosainkunda & Laurebinayak Pass to Tarke Gyang & Sermathang.
The Langtang-Helambu Trek begins from Sundarijal, an hours drive from Kathmandu. After about an hours walk, we enter Shivapuri National Park. Continuing along the Chisopani, Gull Bhanjyang, Magangot, Kutumsang, Thadepati and Sermathang, the trek ends at the Melamchipul Bazar in the Helambu region. The trek passes through thick mountain forests with great Himalayan views and toward the end of the trip, you will also trek through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4264ft) airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & preparation for the trek.
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal & Trek to Chisapani (2300m), drive 1 hour/ 3/4 hour-walk
Day 04: Trek to Gulbhanjyang (2,150m), 5/6 hour, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Trek to Khutumsang (2,470m). 5/6 hour, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Tharepati (3650m).5/6 hour, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Trek to Tarke Ghyang (2620m). 5/6 hour, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek to Sermathang (2620m).5/6 hour, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09: Trek to Melamchipul Bazar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 10: Shopping Day /free day in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Final departure for your ownard destination.
Day to day Trip Itinerary: Option B (18 days)
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,350 m) airport and Transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 02: Pre-Trip Meeting and Kathmandu Sightseeing. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi (1,503 m),8 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,410 m), 5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3,430 m), 5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Kyangjing Gompa (3,830 m), 4 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Acclimatizatin day at Kyangjing Gompa. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek down back to Lama Hotel (2,410 m), 6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09: Trek to Thulo Syabru (2,210m), 6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10: Trek to Chandanbari (3,330m), 5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11: Trek to Goshaikunda (4,380 m), 5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12: Cross over the Laurebina Pass (4,610 m, Then trek to Tharepati (3,690 m), 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 13:Trek to Melamchighyang (2,630 m), 6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 14: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2,743 m), 6hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 15: Trek to Shermathang (2,621 m), 6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House
Day 16: Trek to Melamchipul Bazaar (846m), 5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Drive from Melamchipul Bazaar to Kathmandu, 4-5 hrs, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 18: Final departure for your onward destination.
Important Note: Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost.
• Arrival and departure airport by private toursit transport.
• Standard twin sharing accommodation hotel in Kathmandu with B.B. Plan.
• Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
• Major meals a day (breakfasts, lunch and dinners) during the trek.
• Nepali fresh fruits such oranges, apples, bananas mango, grape and other Nepali local fruits etc.
• Accommodation of lodges, guest-houses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
• Trekking guides will be government licensed holder an experience, friendly and good speaking English during the trek.
• Require the number of porter.
• All food, accommodation, salary, insurance.
• All necessary grounded transportations.
• Langtang National park fee, permits and TIMS cards all necessary paper.
• duffel bags, T-shirt, map sleeping bags by Gorkha Adventure ( If Required)
• First aid medicine kits.
• Nepal government taxes, vat and service charge.
• Farewell dinner with Cultural Show at typical restaurant.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Wire transfer charge or credit card service charge as company rule.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls and all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drink such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory your travel insurance and first aid kit.
- Hot water, hot shower and battery charge fees.
- Tip for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view