- 13 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- UNESCO World Heritage tour in Kathmandu
- Secnic drive from Kathmandu to Dhunche by local bus
- Majestic view of langtang ranges
- Visit Cheese factory at Chandanbari
- Wonderful holy Lake Goshaikunda, the pilgrimage sites of Hindus
- The Tibetan Culture and their tradition.
Gosainkunda Trekking in Langtang Region
Gosainkunda Lake is situated at an altitude of 4381m.Gosainkunda is a holy place for both Hindu & Buddhists. According to Hindu myths,”Gosainkunda is a sacred & mountain lake crested by Lord Shiva”. Large number o0f devotees went to Gosainkunda to celebrate full moon festival during the month of August & September. Gosainkunda is situated between Langtang valley & Helambu Region.Treking is this region requires acclimatization. Gosainkunda has its own importance 7 faith. Lord Shiva is believed to a appear on This lake on the full moon day called Janai Paurnima(August/September).As Gosainkunda is at an altitude of 4381m, there is a chance of the travelers might get affected by altitude sickness. Travellers will get amazed seeing the devotees taking a dip in the cold & freezing water of Gosainkunda Lake. According to Hindu Mythology Shiva had ingested a poison that was almost causing destruction of universe. Lord Shiva then created this lake & cured his burning throat by drinking cold water from that lake.
This is one of the widely choose trekking destinations in Nepal. This trek offers the beautiful views of mountains, lakes, streams 7 religious places. During this trek, the panoramic view of Himalayas will definitely make you stronger & determined to complete your trip forgetting your pain, agony 7 soprrows.Gosainkunda Lake acts the link between the different areas of mountain pass called Laurebina La Pass (4610m).One has to hike for about 1 hrs to reach this place.
The trekking trails are exciting & stunning with varying geographical conditions. Our trail will be on the shade of evergreen forests. The close view of waterfalls springs, turbulent streams & snow-capped mountain will always be exciting & makes us happy.Tamang & Sherpa are the main ethnic groups living in this region. They have Tibetan influence on their origin, culture, arts & traditions. Langtang Valley & Gosainkunda Lake is fascinating combination of varied landscapes, mountains, cultures, wildlife & bio-diversity. You might encounter the crowd of Yaks on your way. There are several local cheese factories that are manufactured from the milk of Yak. These cheese manufactured in this places are fresh, pure & found in abundant.
There are several other sacred, alpine lakes in the area and Gosainkunda is considered the holiest. Shiva is said to have meditated nearby and created this lake after ingesting a poison that was threatening the destruction of the universe. He was cured by drinking the cool water of Gosainkunda Lake which he created for the purpose of soothing his burning throat. The water was Kathmandu temple of Budhanilkantha are believed to be mythical linked a Gosainkunda Lake. A trek to Gosainkunda Lake is an alternative to the busier trails of Nepal. The hill scenery and culture makeup for the lack of up-close mountain views. Still, you will have broad inspiring panorama of the Himalaya peaks and landscape and the serene trails are refreshing chance of pace, especially when combined with treks in Langtang and Helambu. From Gosainkunda our journey takes us through Laurebina, Thare Pati, Kutumsang, Chisopani and Nagarkot, sightseeing, Patan finally to Kathmandu, thus completing the Gosainkunda Trek.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Full-day sightseeing in Kathmandu and preparation for the trek.
Day 03: Drive to Dhunche (1950m) and overnight Guest House.
Day 04: Trek to Sing Gompa (3300m).
Day 05: Excursion to Sing Gompa Monastery.
Day 06: Trek to Gosainkunda (4400m).
Day 07: Trek to Ghopte (3440m) through Laurebinayak Pass (4610m).
Day 08: Trek to Kutumsang (2446m).
Day 09: Trek to Chisapani (2194m).
Day 10: Trek to Nagarkot (2195m) overnight at hotel in Nagarkot.
Day 11: Early morning, Sunrise view at Nagarkot and drive to Bhaktapur sightseeing.
Day 12: Full-day Patan Sightseeing, return to Kathmandu.
Day 13: Final departure for your home land.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and departure to airport by private tourist transport.
- Three Night's Standard hotel in Kathmandu including bed and breakfast.
- All accommodation and meals during the trek.
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees.
- All surface transport picks up and drop, Kathmandu-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu by local bus.
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide, porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter).
- Including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag, duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map by Gorkha Adventure (If required)
- Necessary paper work and permits (national park permit, TIMS Card).
- First aid comprehensive medical kit.
- Nepal government taxes, Vat and Service charge.
- Farewell dinner program in typical Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Wire transfer charge or credit card service charge as company rule.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls and all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drink such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory your travel insurance and first aid kit.
- Hot water, hot shower and battery charge fees.
- Tip for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view