Ganesh Himal Trekking
- 15 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Lord Ganesh worshipped as the "God of Fortune" by Hindus all over the world.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site tour in Kathmandu – Swyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu-Syabrubensi & Trisuli bazar-Kathmandu.
- Panoramic view of Sunset and sunrise backdrop of Ganesh Himal and Langtang ranges.
- Stunning view of Manaslu, Ganesh & Langtang Massif.
- Crossing over the Pangsang La pass (3820m).
- Exploring the cultural traditions which ethnic cast of Gurung and Tamang.
- Walking into the dense alpine forests of pine and rhododendron trees
- Fully supported teahouse trekking.
- Preserve the diverse of rare plant flora and fauna.
Ganesh Himal Trekking
The Ganesh Himal trekking area is located in the central eastern region of Nepal. This region offers spectacular views, off the beaten track trails away from the tourist and the chance to encounter traditional local people living a time-honored lifestyle. The name of the mountain range in honor of the elephant-headed god of good fortune, Ganesh and son of lord Shiva. The Ganesh Himal range can be seen clearly from the Kathmandu valley. The range of Ganesh Himal peaks (Ganesh I, Ganesh II, Ganesh III, and Ganesh IV) is crystal clear and is the great Himalayan chain forming the skyline. This great Himalayan massif is contained between the valley of the Budhi Gandaki in the west and Bhote Koshi River in the east, which becomes Trishuli in the lower section.
The trek in the Ganesh Himal region is designed to introduce you to a broad spectrum of life in different Nepalese communities and a variety of beautiful scenery. You may visit the base camp of Ganesh Himal where there are two lakes-black and white. Twin waterfalls Ganga and Jamuna; bring joy to your heart. Visit this area in March or April, and you see the mountainsides red with magnificent rhododendron blooms Nepal’s national flower. Visit Gorkha, the birthplace of modern Nepal. This was the home of King Prithivi Narayan shah, who fought many wars to unite the tiny kingdoms spread throughout the land now known as Nepal. His palace can be seen on the top of a hill at Gorkha. This area is also the homeland of the original Gurkha warriors.
The treks begin at Trishuli (3 hours)/ Dhunche (8 hours), a drive from Kathmandu highway. During the rest of our 15 days trip, we observe the different ways of life, culture and come in contact with the rural people in the small village, passing through the dense forestations and meadows. It passes through foothills and lowland farm terraces to ethnic Tamang villages on higher altitude. Along the trail, the trek offers superb close views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Baudha Himal, Hiunchuli and other peaks of the trek. The Ganesh Himal trek ends at Dhading Besi from where we catch our vehicles to Kathmandu. It is a fully supported camping trek, our trekking crew will carry the luggage and supplies, the camp cook will prepare hot meals for you and the Sherpa will fix the tents. You just carry a light daypack and on average walk for 5-6 hours per day.
Outline Itinerary of Ganesh Himal Trekking -15 Days
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) Airport.
Day 02: UNESCO Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley and Trip preparations.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu-syabrubesi (1,503m), 8 hour by bus.
Day 04: Trek to gatlang (2238m), 5 hours walk.
Day 05: Trek to Somdang (3271m), 5 hour walk.
Day 06: Trek to Pangsang La Pass (3842m), 6 hour walk.
Day 07: Trek to Shertung (1875m), 5 hour walk.
Day 08: Trek to neber gaon (2220m), 6 hour walk.
Day 09: Trek to kupchyat (2066m), 6 hour walk.
Day 10: Trek to Lapa Gaon (2025m) via Timla pass (3820m), 6 hour walk.
Day 11: Trek to Jharlang (3000m), 5 hour walk.
Day 12: Trek to Trek to Khaniyabas (1785m), 6 hour walk.
Day 13: Trek to Megandanda (3220m), 6 hour walk.
Day 14: Trek to Trisuli Bazar, 5 hour walk and Drive back to Kathmandu by bus, 3 hours.
Day 15: Final departure for your next destination.
Optional Itinerary -A ( Complete the tent camp Trekking)
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International airport (1350m). Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: UNESCO world heritage site City tour of Kathmandu valley. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Betrawati (800 meters). About 5 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 04: Trek to Chapdanda (1200 meters). About 6 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 05: Trek to Bhalche (2010 meters). About 6 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 06: Trek to Gonga (2815 meters). About 6 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 07: Trek to Rupchet (3710 meters). About 5 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 08: Rest for acclimatization & Exploring at the Valley. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 09: Trek to Phedi (3540 meters) via Singla Pass (4760 Meters). About 6 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 10: Trek to Pangsang Bhanjyang (4000 meters). About 7 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 11: Trek down to Sertung (2500 meters). About 6 hours. O/night stay at Tented Camp.
Day 12: Trek to Lapa village (1750m.) about 5-6 hours. Overnight at Camping.
Day 13: Trek to Manyang Bhanjyang (2934m). About 5 hour hours. Overnight at Camping.
Day 14: Trek to Majhgaun (2200m) about 5-6 hour hours. Overnight at Camping.
Day 15: Trek to Budathum. About 5 hours. Overnight at Camping.
Day 16: Trek to Arughat Bazaar (500m.) About two hours then drive back to Kathmandu by bus. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 17: Transfer to the international airport for your onward destination.
Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
Camping equipments, kitchen equipments, mattress, toilet tent, dinning tent, dining tables, chairs etc.
Ganesh Himal trek is suitable for those who seek to spend their leisure time in between the Himalayas in a group or individually. Our team of Gorkha Adventure will be helping to make the journey remarkable and unforgettable. Please feel free to contact any time whenever you have queries or further information regarding your program wth us.
Trip Dates & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|1-May-2021||14-may-2021||US$ 1135||Guarantee||Book Now|
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Airport / Hotel pick up and drop by private car.
- Three nights’ twin sharing basis accommodation at tourist category hotels in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private transport.
- All your standard Meals during the trek prepared by our local staff (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek.
- Friendly, helpful and Professional license holder english speak guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (one porter for every two people).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Entry Permit for langtang national park
- Down Jacket, Duffle bag and sleeping bag by Gorkha Adventure if required.
- Kathmandu-Syabrubensi and Trisuli Bazar-kathmandu by bus.
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant before the day of departure.
- Nepal government all our taxes, vat & service charges.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Entrance fee at all monuments during the tour in Kathmandu.
- Compulsory your travel insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee 2weeks 30$ and 1 months 50$ issued on Internationa Airport of Kathmandu.
- All beverage items, hot shower, battery charge & laundry services.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Tips for the, driver, guide and porter (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view