Ganesh Himal Trekking
- 20 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Historical City Tour in Kathmandu
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Betrawati and begin trek from there
- Visit rural hilly region to the high mountainous region
- Interaction with many ethnic group people
- Great mountain views of Ganesh Himal,Langtang and other
Ganesh Himal Trekking
The Ganesh Himal trekking area is located in the central eastern region of Nepal. This region offers spectacular views, off the beaten track trails away from the tourist and the chance to encounter traditional local people living a time-honored lifestyle. The name of the mountain range in honor of the elephant-headed god of good fortune, Ganesh and son of lord Shiva. The Ganesh Himal range can be seen clearly from the Kathmandu valley. The range of Ganesh Himal peaks (Ganesh I, Ganesh II, Ganesh III, and Ganesh IV) is crystal clear and is the great Himalayan chain forming the skyline. This great Himalayan massif is contained between the valley of the Budhi Gandaki in the west and Bhote Koshi River in the east, which becomes Trishuli in the lower section.
The trek in the Ganesh Himal region is designed to introduce you to a broad spectrum of life in different Nepalese communities and a variety of beautiful scenery. You may visit the base camp of Ganesh Himal where there are two lakes-black and white. Twin waterfalls Ganga and Jamuna; bring joy to your heart. Visit this area in March or April, and you see the mountainsides red with magnificent rhododendron blooms Nepal’s national flower. Visit Gorkha, the birthplace of modern Nepal. This was the home of King Prithivi Narayan shah, who fought many wars to unite the tiny kingdoms spread throughout the land now known as Nepal. His palace can be seen on the top of a hill at Gorkha. This area is also the homeland of the original Gurkha warriors.
The treks begin at Trishuli (3 hours)/ Dhunche (8 hours), a drive from Kathmandu highway. During the rest of our 25 days trip, we observe the different ways of life, culture and come in contact with the rural people in the small village, passing through the dense forestations and meadows. It passes through foothills and lowland farm terraces to ethnic Tamang villages on higher altitude. Along the trail, the trek offers superb close views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Baudha Himal, Hiunchuli and other peaks of the trek. The Ganesh Himal trek ends at Dhading Besi from where we catch our vehicles to Kathmandu. It is a fully supported camping trek, our trekking crew will carry the luggage and supplies, the camp cook will prepare hot meals for you and the Sherpa will fix the tents. You just carry a light daypack and on average walk for 5-6 hours per day.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350 m) Airport & Transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu City Sightseeing & Trek Preparation. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Kispang(1300m),6 hours by private Jeep.Camp.
Day 04: Trek to Gonga (2815m),6-7 hours, Camp.
Day 05: Trek to Rupchet (3,710 m),6 hours,Camp.
Day 06: Trek Acclimatization Day and exploring the Valley. Camp.
Day 07: Trek to Phedi (3,540 m) via Singla Pass (4,760 m),6 hours.Camp.
Day 08: Trek from Phedi to Pangsang Bhanjyang (4,000 m),6 hours. Camp.
Day 09: Trek to Somdang (3500m.) around 5 hours.Camp.
Day 10: Trek to Chalise(4100m) about ,6hours,Camp.
Day 11: Trek to Hindung(4650m) about 5 hours.Camp.
Day 12: Trek to Rajgang Kharka(4900m) about 5-6 hours. Camp.
Day 13: Trek to Kalo Seto Kunda (Black and White Lake) and Ganesh Himal Base Camp(5120m) around 5-6 hours. Camp.
Day 14: Trek to Himdung(4650m), 6 hours,Camp.
Day 15: Trek to Somdang(3500m), 5 hours, Camp.
Day 16 Trek to Gatlag(2400m),5 hours, Camp.
Day 17 Trek to Shyapru Besi(1220m),5 hours,Overnight at Guest House.
Day 18: Drive to Kathmandu(1350m) ,6 hours , Overnight at Hotel.
Day 19: free day /Leisure day for Relax and shopping.
Day 20: Final Departure to your homeland or next destination.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and departure by private tourist Vehicle.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and saprubesi( Guest House) with bed and breakfast.
- City sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and local English-speaking guide throughout the tour as described in the program by private vehicle.
- Entrance & monument fees.
- All your standard meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek.
- Camping equipments, kitchen equipments, mattress, toilet tent, dinning tent, dining tables, chairs etc.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly government license holder English speaking guide/Sherpa, experienced cook and required number of porters to carry your luggage and other camping equipments.
- Expenditure for the field staffs that includes their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine etc.
- Langtang National park permitand Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- Agency duffel/kit bag, exclusive medical kit bag and T-shirt.( if required)
- Necessary all surface transportation throughout the trip as described in the itinerary.
- Compulsory travel insurance all our trekking staff & rescue arrangements.
- Kathmandu – Kispang-Saprubesi – Kathmandu transfers.
- Farewell dinner in Cultural show restaurant.
- Nepal government taxes and vat.
- Agency expenses and service charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Wire transfer charge or credit card service charge as company rule.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls and all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drink such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory your travel insurance and first aid kit.
- Hot water, hot shower and battery charge fees.
- Tip for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view