Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek
- 18 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tour of UNESCO Sites.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu via Pokhara to Beni
- Explore Muri Magar village
- Panoramic view of Dhaulagiri, Anapurna ranges and Dhampus Pass
- Crossing the French Pass (5360 m), Dhampus Pass (5200 m)
- Explore Muri Magar Village and The hidden valley
- Amazing view of the deepest gorge of Kaligandaki
- Wonderful flight over the Himalayas from Jomsom to Pokhara
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trekking
Mt. Dhaulagiri, the 7th highest peak in the world, which is 8,167 m high from the sea level. The Dhaulagiri lies in the western part of Nepal. This trail is best trekking route in Nepal. Walking in high passes and the base camps beat your imagination, as you come to see more and more of this biggest white mountain of Nepal and its surroundings. Sometimes you may also see mountain sheep and the snow leopard on the way. The starting point of the trek is Beni, the district headquarters of Myagdi District.
Dhaulagiri trail passes through villages of Gurung, Chhetri, and Magar people, where you get to observe their unique culture and lifestyle. It gradually gets tougher as you move to higher elevations. From Italian Base Camp, absorb extremely beautiful sceneries of Dhaulagiri I, II, III, IV, and V. After spending a day there for acclimatization and exploration of the nearby areas, proceed to Dhaulagiri North Base Camp.
We start from Dhaulagiri Trek from Beni, after long day drive from Kathmandu going through nice village in the beginning and through high and remote area of the glacier and passes later and finally come down to Marpha where we meet the main trail of Annapurna circuit or Kali Gandaki. Then, we join this trail and make the trek through kali Gandaki valley and trek upto Muktinath, the gateway of Mustang.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350 m) Airport, Nepal.
Day 02: Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley and Trip Preparations.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by car, about 6 hour.
Day 04: Drive from Pokhara to Babiachor (1110m) continues Dharapani (1560m) by bus. about 7 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Muri (1720), about 5 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Bagar (2080 m), about 6 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Dobhan Kharka (2520 m), about 5 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Chaurbag Khola camp (3445m), about 5 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Italian Base Camp (3660m), about 6 hours.
Day 10: Acclimatization and rest day.
Day 11: Trek to Glacier Camp (4210m), about 6 hours.
Day 12: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4750m), about 7 hours.
Day 13: Cross French Pass (5360m) then trek to Hidden Valley (5200m), about 6 hours.
Day 14: Cross Dhampus Pass (5200 m), and Trek to Yak Kharka (3,680 meters) 6 hours.
Day 15: Trek to Jomsom (2,710 meters) 5 hours.
Day 16: Domestic flght jomsom to Pokhara (850 meters)
Day 17: Full day sightseeing tour in Pokhara valley
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu (1350 m) by bus. 6 hours.
Day 18: Final departure for your ownard destination.
Note: The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. I can give to customized at your request and accommodate your specific requirements.
We also arrange: - The itinerary we offer is mainly the guideline to your trip. Our customized itineraries address your specific requirements. You are kindly requested to councult our expert team in order to be perfectly equipped for the Packages as per your interest and requirement with Gorkha Adventure.
Better to know: - One can’t control over natural happenings. So, different unforeseen natural as well as political environment, weather condition, disasters which are out of our control, can affect your tour. As a result, your itineraries may get changed. In such cases, our leading representative will arrange the best alternative itineraries in minimum cost more effectively. However, you shall keep in mind that any delayed schedule or inconvenience caused by the natural obstacles are to be bared in the particula trip yourself.
Flight delayed or cancelation: - In Nepal, Twin-otters are the primary means of transportation in the air form (Jomsom-Pokhara). These flights sometimes can be delayed by few hours or even cancelled for one or many days because of poor visibility, bad weather or technical problems. The delay or cancelation of flights may occur even in fair weather. You must be aware of the bitter truth ‘always anticipate the sudden weather in the mountains’. Undoubtedly, We do our best to ease you by arranging another flight. Helicopter flights could be the alternative. Instead, Gorkha Adventure team will offer you different optional day-activities i.e. hiking, local cultural tours (Monastery sight-seeing) and so on of your choice on your buffer days either in Kathmandu or you can change your trail to Annapurna, Langtang or any other regions. Kindly, note that you will not get refunded on such cases and we will offer you the accommodations only before the starting of your trekking. In case, cancelation of your flights at the end of trip, you have to bear all your expenses in Jomsom.
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival/Departure, Airport picks up and drops off by private tourist transport.
- Kathmandu Valley sightseeing tour with tour guide and private car.
- 3 Nights’ twin sharing standard hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara include Bed and Breakfast.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara by private car.
- Pokhara to Beni continues dharapani by bus.
- Three times meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Tented camp accommodation during the trek.
- Professional, helpful and friendly license holder English speak Trekking guide.
- The required number of porters (two trekkers : 1 porters), carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance and equipment trekking staff.
- First aid medicine box and oximeter during the trek.
- All required camping equipments
- Annapurna Conservation Area permits and TIMS card for the trekking
- Duffle bag, Tshirt and trip maps by Gorkha Adventure if required
- Down jacket and sleeping bag by rent if required.
- Domestic air ticket (Jomsom to Pokhara). if required Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Farewell dinner in Nepali restaurant with traditional culture show.
- Nepal government taxes, vat and service charges
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 14 days) and US$ 50 (duration 30 days).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Compulsory your travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower and heater etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guide, porter and driver (Tips is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view