Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek
- 19 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tour in UNESCO Sites.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu via Pokhara to Beni
- Explore Muri Magar village
- Panoramic view of Dhaulagiri, Anapurna ranges and Dhampus Pass
- Crossing the French Pass (5360 m), Dhampus Pass (5200 m)
- Explore Muri Magar Village and The hidden valley
- Amazing view of the deepest gorge of Kaligandaki
- Wonderful flight over the Himalayas from Jomsom to Pokhara
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trekking
Mt. Dhaulagiri, the 7th highest peak in the world, which is 8,167 m high from the sea level. The Dhaulagiri lies in the western part of Nepal. This trail is best trekking route in Nepal. Walking in high passes and the base camps beat your imagination, as you come to see more and more of this biggest white mountain of Nepal and its surroundings. Sometimes you may also see mountain sheep and the snow leopard on the way. The starting point of the trek is Beni, the district headquarters of Myagdi District.
Dhaulagiri trail passes through villages of Gurung, Chhetri, and Magar people, where you get to observe their unique culture and lifestyle. It gradually gets tougher as you move to higher elevations. From Italian Base Camp, absorb extremely beautiful sceneries of Dhaulagiri I, II, III, IV, and V. After spending a day there for acclimatization and exploration of the nearby areas, proceed to Dhaulagiri North Base Camp.
We start from Dhaulagiri Trek from Beni, after long day drive from Kathmandu going through nice village in the beginning and through high and remote area of the glacier and passes later and finally come down to Marpha where we meet the main trail of Annapurna circuit or Kali Gandaki. Then, we join this trail and make the trek through kali Gandaki valley and trek upto Muktinath, the gateway of Mustang.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,345m) Airport and Transfer to the Hotel. Overnight at a Hotel.
Day 02: Pre-trip meeting and Full days sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a Hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Beni (850m) by bus - 8 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 04: Trek to Babiachor (950m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 05: Trek to Dharapani (1,400m) 6 hrs . Overnight at tented camps.
Day 06: Trek to Muri (1,850m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 07: Trek to Boghara (2,080m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 08: Trek to Dobang (2,520m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 09: Trek to Choriban Khola (3,110m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 10: Trek to Italian Base Camp (3,660m) - 7 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 11: Acclimatization and rest day. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 12: Trek to Glacier Camp (4,210m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4,740m) - 7 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 14: Cross the French Pass (5,360m), Then trek to the Hidden Valley (5,200m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 16: Cross Dhampus Pass (5,200m), and trek to Yak Kharka (3,680m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a tented camps .
Day 17: Trek to Jomsom (2,710m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Domestic flight from Jomsom to Pokhara-25 minutes/ Pokhara to Kathmandu - 30 mins. Overnight at a Hotel.
Day 19: Transfer to the international airport for your final departure.
Note: The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival/Departure, Airport picks up and drops off by private tourist transport
- A government licensed holder city tour guide
- 3 Nights’ twin sharing 3 star hotels in Kathmandu including bed and Breakfast
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist transport
- Major meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
- Tented camp accommodation during the trek
- Professional license holder English speaking Trekking guide
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- All required camping equipments
- Annapurna Conservation Area permits and TIMS card for the trekking
- Down Jacket, Duffle bag and sleeping bag by Gorkha Adventure if required
- Grounded transportation as per above Itinerary (Kathmandu to Beni by local trnsport)
- Domestic Air Ticket (Jomsom to Pokhara/Pokhara to Kathmandu)
- Farewell dinner in Nepali restaurant with traditional culture show.
- Nepal government taxes, vat and service charges
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Compulsory your travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for Trekking guide, porter and driver as per itinerary and driver (Tips is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view