Amphulapcha Pass Trekking
- 25 days
- Min: 2 Pax
Crossing over Mera -La Pass (5,780m) and Amphupalcha- Pass (5,800m)
Amphulapcha High pass Trekking in Everest region
This is one of Nepal's most challenging treks and peak climbing set in breathtaking high mountain scenery. Mera Peak is situated in the Makalu Barun National Park on the edge of the Khumbu region. At 6476m it is the highest of the Nepal Trekking Peaks, and commands one of the best viewpoints in Nepal; there are panoramic views of Everest, Lohtse, Nuptse, Makalu, Cho Oyo, Kanchenjunga, Ama Dablam, Chamlang and Baruntse. However, Mera is a technically straightforward peak to climb, attainable by non-climbers who are fit and who have an out-going sense of adventure, who are able to meet the challenges of trekking to significant altitude in the presence of a competent guide, supported by a team of porters. Climbers will need to make use of crampons to make the ascent, will use a long ice axe for support, and be roped to a guide across the glacier. First time users of these aids will be given instruction on their use at the base camp.
This course lead you to the most popular climbing peaks Mera and Island. Mera is the highest trekking peaks in Nepal considerably easy to ascend. We will be walking through the dense forest of rhododendron with standing Himalayan pine in first few Days. The summit of Mera peak gives you outstanding views of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Baruntse and Mt. Everest. Mt. Lhotse. After ascent on Mera the trip lead us to Amphu Lapcha La pass considerably strenuous due to its remote location. Then, after crossing the strenuous Amphu Lapcha La Pass we will enter the Imja valley for another ascent of Island Peak. Island Peak is known as easy climbing in Nepal’s climbing peaks. The summit of Island peak provides the beautiful marvelous vista of Mt. Everest. Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Amadablam and many other mountain range.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1350m) and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Chhutang (3020m), about 4 hour, O/N at lodge.
Day 03: Trek from Chhutang to Thuli Kharka (3900m) via Zatrawa La Pass (4610m).O/N at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Thuli Kharka (3900m) via Zatrawa La Pass (4610m). About 6 hour,O/N at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Kothe (4095m), About 4 hour walk, O/N at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Thangnak (4,350m), about 6/7 hour, O/N at lodge.
Day 07: Rest and acclimatization day at Thangnak, O/N at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Khare (5,045m), about 5 hour,O/N at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Mera Base Camp (5300m), O/N at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to High camp (5,780m), O/N at camping.
Day 11-12: Summit period; Mera High Camp to Summit (6,654m) and back, O/N at camping.
Day 13: Trek to Kongmadingma (5220m-5 Hrs.), O/N at camping.
Day 14: Trek from Kongmanima to Seto Pokhari (4500m-5/6 Hrs.) O/N at camping.
Day 15: Trek from Seto Pokhari to Amphulaptcha high camp (5500m-3 Hrs.), O/N at camping.
Day 16: Trek from Amphulaptcha High camp to Chukkung (4800m) via Pass (5800m),O/N at lodge.
Day 17: Trek to Island peak High camp, our climbing guide will teach you how to fix the rope and climb.
Day 18-19: Summit to Island peak (6163m) and back to Chhukung, O/N at lodge.
Day 20: Trek to Pangboche (3910m-5 Hrs.), O/N at lodge.
Day 21: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar 3480m, O/N at lodge.
Day 22: Trek to Lukla 2830m, Overnight at lodge.
Day 23: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu, transfer to the Hotel.
Day 24: Contingency day in Kathmandu.
Day 25: Final Departure, Transfer to the International Airport, Fly back to Home land.
We also arrange: - The itinerary we offer is mainly the guideline to your trip. Our customized itineraries address your specific requirements. You are kindly requested to councult our expert team in order to be perfectly equipped for the Packages as per your interest and requirement with Gorkha Adventure.
Better to know: - One can’t control over natural happenings. So, different unforeseen natural as well as political environment, weather condition, disasters which are out of our control, can affect your tour. As a result, your itineraries may get changed. In such cases, our leading representative will arrange the best alternative itineraries in minimum cost more effectively. However, you shall keep in mind that any delayed schedule or inconvenience caused by the natural obstacles are to be bared in the particula trip yourself.
Flight delayed or cancelation: - In Nepal, Twin-otters are the primary means of transportation in the air for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu. These flights sometimes can be delayed by few hours or even cancelled for one or many days because of poor visibility, bad weather or technical problems. The delay or cancelation of flights may occur even in fair weather. You must be aware of the bitter truth ‘always anticipate the sudden weather in the mountains’. Undoubtedly, We do our best to ease you by arranging another flight. Helicopter flights could be the alternative. Instead, Gorkha Adventure team will offer you different optional day-activities i.e. hiking, local cultural tours (Monastery sight-seeing) and so on of your choice on your buffer days either in Kathmandu or you can change your trail to Annapurna, Langtang or any other regions. Kindly, note that you will not get refunded on such cases and we will offer you the accommodations only before the starting of your trekking. In case, cancelation of your flights at the end of trip, you have to bear all your expenses in Lukla.
Following are included on the above package cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Three nights’ twin sharing basis accommodation at 3 star category hotels in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners).
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Professional Climbing and Trekking license holder English speaking guide.
- Tented Camp accommodation during the trek.
- High Camp food for climbing member and staffs
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for theTrekking and Climbing staff.
- Arun Natinal Park Permit, Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Mera Peak and Island Peak Climbing Permit
- Duffle bag by Gorkha Adventure (if required sleeping bag and Down Jacket by hire, while finished this trip,then return to office).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla - Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Grounded transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant before the day of departure.
- All our government taxes, vat and service charges.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner during the stay in Kathmandu.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Emergency Rescue and Evacuation cost or any types of travel insurance.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Tips for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view