Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek.
- 24 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Drive from Kathmandu to Jiri via Bhandar
- Visit to Yak farm and Cheese
- Unexplored lower valley and Khumbu region,
- Take a breathtaking flight to Lukla, 35 minutes
- Get some insights about Sherpa people, their lifestyle, Awe-inspiring Buddhist Monasteries in Khumbu.
- Hike to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar admire the fabulous of worlds highest peaks, Everest Amadablam, Makalu, Nuptse, Thamserku, Lhotse and Khumbu icefall
- Stay at the best available Lodge/Guesthouses during the trek.
Jiri to Mt. Everest Base Camp Trekking.
The Everest base camp trekking trail is a beautiful and popular trekking and hiking trail among most famous trekking routes in Nepal. Mainly Everest base camp trek is start from Lukla or Jiri Bazzar. our given below Everest base camp trekking outline itinerary is start from Jiri, which is oldest trekking route to approach the Everest base camp (5364m) and Kala Pattar (5545m). The trek from Jiri involves a tremendous amount of up and down walking and insight into local culture and traditional way of lives unchanged from century. the first day trek from Jiri bus stop takes a long climb-up to Bhandar leads you to a completely Sherpa country exception of Jubing. Crossing the top of the Lamajura Bhanjyang (3530m) and into the moist mountain forest of rhododendrons, magnolia maple and brich home too many species of colorful bird; you will pass several ridge meandering among green hill viewing some snow peaks on the way up.
From Khurtang (2900M), an excellent view of Everest region, Thamserku (6608m), Kantega (6779m), Kusum Kangaru (6367m) and Mera peak (6654m) can be enjoyed. Crossing several chortens and famous Dudhkoshi River and following narrow trails inside forest, you will finally enter the busy Namche (3446m) your trail upward is full of cultural sight and Gompas. One of the famous monasteries is the monastery of Tengboche. The view of Ama Dablam (6850m), Everest, Nuptse (7879) and Lhotse (8501m) are with while from here. From Pheriche (4240m) the path climbs steep up without the sight of villages and leads you to Gorak Shep (5140m) via Lobuche which rests on the Khumbu Glacier. You will make higher ascent to the Everest Base camp (5364m) and Kalapatthar (5550m) and admire the nature full of lofty mountains in white clothes. On your return trip, you will follow the same trail until Namche bazaar. Then to Lukla fly back to Kathmandu.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) Airport and Transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02 : Drive from Kathmandu to Bhandar (2195 m/ 7200 ft) through Shivalaya (1,775 m/5,805 ft) - 9 hours, O/Night at Guest House.
Day 03 : Trek to Sete (2,650 m/8,690 ft) 6-7 hours, Overnight at Guset House.
Day 04: Trek to Junbesi via the Lamjura Pass (2675 m/8,780 ft) - 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Trek to Nunthala (2,430 m/ 7,975 ft) - 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Kharikhola - (2,315 m/7,555 ft) 5/6 hours , Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Trek from Puiyan to Phakding (2,615 m / 8,575 ft) 5/6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m/11,285 ft) - 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09: Rest Day to Relax and Acclimatize at Namche Bazaar, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10: Trek to Tengboche(3,855 m/12,850 feet) - 5 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11: Trek to Dingboche(4,360 m / 14,290 feet) - 5 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12: Trek to Lobuche(4,930 m / 16,175 ft)- 5hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 13: Trek to Everest Base Camp and back to GorakShep(5,185 m , 17,010 ft)- 8 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 14: Hike to Kala Patthar viewpoint and then Trek GorakShep to Pheriche(4,250m / 13,945 feet)- 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m/11,285 ft)- 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 16: Trek to Lukla (2850 m/9,350 ft) - 7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 17:Early morning, Fly Back to Kathmandu, about 30 minutes, Transfer to the Hotel, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 18: Final departure, Transfer to the international Airport and Fly back to Home land.
We also arrange: - The itinerary we offer is mainly the guideline to your trip. Our customized itineraries address your specific requirements. You are kindly requested to consult our expert team in order to be perfectly equipped for the Packages as per your interest and requirement with Gorkha Adventure.
Better to know: - One can’t control over natural happenings. So, different unforeseen natural as well as political environment, weather condition, disasters which are out of our control, can affect your tour. As a result, your itineraries may get changed. In such cases, our leading representative will arrange the best alternative itineraries in minimum cost more effectively. However, you shall keep in mind that any delayed schedule or inconvenience caused by the natural obstacles are to be bared in the particula trip yourself.
Flight delayed or cancelation: - In Nepal, Twin-otters are the primary means of transportation in the air for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu. These flights sometimes can be delayed by few hours or even cancelled for one or many days because of poor visibility, bad weather or technical problems. The delay or cancelation of flights may occur even in fair weather. You must be aware of the bitter truth ‘always anticipate the sudden weather in the mountains’. Undoubtedly, We do our best to ease you by arranging another flight. Helicopter flights could be the alternative. Instead, Gorkha Adventure team will offer you different optional day-activities i.e. hiking, local cultural tours (Monastery sight-seeing) and so on of your choice on your buffer days either in Kathmandu or you can change your trail to Annapurna, Langtang or any other regions. Kindly, note that you will not get refunded on such cases and we will offer you the accommodations only before the starting of your trekking. In case, cancelation of your flights at the end of trip, you have to bear all your expenses in Lukla.
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival and departure airport pick up and airport drop by private transport.
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Historical monuments cities sightseeing with tour guide.
- Sightseeing transportation by non A/C comfortable vehicle.
- Sightseeing entrance fees for historical cities sightseeing.
- Kathmandu to Jiri Bazaar overland transportation by express public bus.
- Lukla to Kathmandu air tickets and airport taxes for guest and staff (guide/porters).
- Twin sharing trekking accommodation in normal trekker’s lodge/teahouse.
- Three time meal a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide.
- Government license holder trekking guide/leader for the team.
- One porter from Kathmandu who will carry your luggage during the trekking (two person get one porter).
- Everest/Sagarmatha National park entry fee.
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS) card.
- Insurance for Nepalese staff (trekking guide and porters).
- Nepal government tax and office service charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Lunch and dinner during the stay in Kathmandu.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Wire transfer charge or credit card service charge as company rule.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls and all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Personal nature expenses and tipping (tips).
- High risk medical/travel insurance and first aid kit.
- Hot water, hot shower and battery charge fees.
- Emergency rescue evacuation (if needed).
- Any other things not mentioned.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view