Everest Three Pass Trek
- 21 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- UNESCO World Heritage Site tour of Kathmandu valley –Swyambhunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath.
- Cross over the High passes Chola pass, Chhukung ri- and Renjola above 5000 meters altitude.
- Exploration of Sherpa’s communities in Everest region.
- Visit to oldest Monastery of Tengboche, Join a Yoga and Meditation.
- Standard tea houses during the trek.
- Panoramic View of Gokyo Lake and Gokyo RI.
- Standard accommodation hotel in Kathmandu.
- Beautiful scenic view of Himalayas above 8000meter Where can be seen and getting up to here makes ones feel like indoor of snowed heaven. Mt.Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Pumori, Kangde-Ri, Cholatse, Chhukung Ri, Mount Amadablam and many others peak.
- Domestic Tenzing–Hillary Airport:- Kathmandu-Luka both way fly by plane.
Are you planning your holidays in Everest three pass? Let's see why not possible..
Three passes trek in Everest’s Khumbu region is a challenging journey for trekkers seeing the thrills of a Himalayan adventure. From east to west the highest mountain passes are the Kongma la (5,535m/18,135ft), Cho-la (5,420m/17,783ft) and Renjo la (5,375m/17,634ftt). If you are good shape and looking for something beyond the ordinary, then Everest’s three passes is ideal for you!
With the possession of eight of the world’s ten tallest mountains, these ice-capped beauties define our distinctive perspective on tourism. Experience the highest of them all, right ahead of you, on the Everest High Passes trek. Also commercialized as the Everest Transverse Trek, this is a daunting pursuit for those seeking an adventurous vacation. Amidst frosty pinnacles, feel virtually on top of the world. Explore the crown of the world, Mount Everest, and unleash your fearless persona, with the Everest high passes trek.
On favorable demand and physically grueling, this expedition is for genuinely high spirited individuals. Complete the challenge by progressing through complex passes, namely-Kongma la, Cho la and Renjo la. This program provides the opportunity to visit the Everest base camp, Kalapatthar, Gokyo valley, Gokyo Ri and introduces a route to the remote and unexplored Nagpa la valley, the Sherpa village of Mar lung, the monastery village of Thame and other major remote Sherpa village and valleys.
The Cho La Pass is a predominantly used pass; however, Kongma La and Renjo La are less frequented. The Renjo La pass is a majestic area, providing stunning views of the north and south ridge of Mt. Everest. Capture the essence of Gokyo village, with glistening blue lakes, a colossal glacier, the Cho La pass on the lap of Everest and Mount Makalu including numerous other mountains, on a single frame. The trek to the Khumbu follows the narrow Dudhkoshi valley to Namche Bazaar gateway of the Khumbu region. The settlement is located in a natural amphitheater overlooking a valley with the astonishing spectacle of the surrounding mountains. After scaling the summit of Kongma La, we compose our way towards the Everest base camp, through Khumbu glacier and wonder at the sight of the Khumbu icefall. Our trek to the view point of Kalapatthar is followed by the tough climb through Cho La, which eventually leads us to the tranquil lakes at the Gokyo valley. It splits away from the Everest Base Camp journey and head into breathtaking Chukung valley before surmounting the Kongma la working a west to cross a small glacier to the Chola and finally over the Renjo-La. The whole journey offers non-stop jaw-dropping mountain scenery that you will be highlight if a lifetime.
The high passes Everest trek commences with a brief exploration of the temples, shrines, bazaar and recreational areas of Kathmandu. Landing at Lukla airport the following day, we set out on the quest along the classic route through Sagarmatha national park, Dudh Koshi River, colorful landscapes, forests, villages, Gompas and monasteries in the land enclosed by the soaring peaks. We depart from the definitive trail at Dingboche and proceed northwards to Chhukung. A days rest at Chhukung is distinguished to visit Chhukung Ri, to help acclimatize before attempting the Kongma la pass.
After enjoying grand views from Gokyo Ri, we make our way to the next great pass, the Renjo la. After a night in Mar lung, we follow the route used for centuries by Tibetan traders via Nagpa la to get to the large Sherpa village of Thame. Again, following the classic route, we descend to Namche and hence, conclude the Everest high passes trek program, with a brief flight back to Kathmandu.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu (1350m) International airport and Transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Full-day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and preparation for the treks.
Day 03: Domestic fight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m) 30 minutes and Trek to Phakding (2610m) walking (4-5 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Acclimatization day. Visit Everest View Hotel or (Khumjung / Khunde) valley or around National Park Museum then back to Namche. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3860 m) walking (6 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4410m) walking (7 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek to Chhukung (4730 m) walking (5 hrs),Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09: Rest day and Hike to Chhuking ri-5350 m, Overningt in same place.
Day 10: Trek to Kongma La pass (5535 m) continue Lobuche (4920m) walking (8-9 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11: Trek to Gorak Shep (5161m) walking (3 hrs) and after lunch visit Everest Base Camp (5364 m) (walking 4/ 5 hrs), Overnight at Guest House..
Day 12: Early morning, Hike to Kalapatthar (5545 m), about 3 hours and Trek to Dzongla (4840m) walking (4 hrs), Overnight at Guest House..
Day 13: Early morning, Trek to the Cho La Pass (5420 m) and trek to Thangna (4700m) walking (6 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 14: Trek to Gokyo (4810 m) walking (3hrs) after lunch we can explore around Gokyo Lake and Glacier. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 15: Early in the morning, Hike to Gokyo-Ri (5357m) about 5 hours and fullday rest in Gokyo lake.
Day 16: Early morning climb to Renjo La pass (5340m) walking (4 hrs) then descend to Marulung (4210m) walking (7-8 hrs),Overnight at Guest House.
Day 17: Trek to Namche 3440, about 5 hours, overnight in hotel.
Day 18: Trek to Monjo (2835m) walking (5 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 19: Trek to Lukla (2840m) walking (4-5 hrs), Overnight at Guest House.
Day 20: Domestic Fly back Lukla to Kathmandu (30 minutes) .
Day 21: Final departure for your homeland.
We also arrange: - The itinerary we offer is mainly the guideline to your trip. Our customized itineraries address your specific requirements. You are kindly requested to councult our expert team in order to be perfectly equipped for the Packages as per your interest and requirement with Gorkha Adventure.
Better to know: - One can’t control over natural happenings. So, different unforeseen natural as well as political environment, weather condition, disasters which are out of our control, can affect your tour. As a result, your itineraries may get changed. In such cases, our leading representative will arrange the best alternative itineraries in minimum cost more effectively. However, you shall keep in mind that any delayed schedule or inconvenience caused by the natural obstacles are to be bared in the particula trip yourself.
Flight delayed or cancelation: - In Nepal, Twin-otters are the primary means of transportation in the air for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu. These flights sometimes can be delayed by few hours or even cancelled for one or many days because of poor visibility, bad weather or technical problems. The delay or cancelation of flights may occur even in fair weather. You must be aware of the bitter truth ‘always anticipate the sudden weather in the mountains’. Undoubtedly, We do our best to ease you by arranging another flight. Helicopter flights could be the alternative. Instead, Gorkha Adventure team will offer you different optional day-activities i.e. hiking, local cultural tours (Monastery sight-seeing) and so on of your choice on your buffer days either in Kathmandu or you can change your trail to Annapurna, Langtang or any other regions. Kindly, note that you will not get refunded on such cases and we will offer you the accommodations only before the starting of your trekking. In case, cancelation of your flights at the end of trip, you have to bear all your expenses in Lukla.
Trip Dates & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Cost||Status||Booking|
|02-Oct-2021||27-Oct-2021||US$ $1710||Guarantee||Book Now|
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival and departure (airport/hotel) transfer by private car.
- Four night’s accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek; we provide private bathrooms with hot shower at Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Seasonal fruits during the trek.
- One highly experienced helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.
- Both way domestic flight ticket (Kathmandu – Lukla and Lukla – Kathmandu) including departure taxes.
- Duffle bag for the trekking.
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek.
- Gorkha Adventure T - shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate.
- First aid medical kit.
- Everest National Park entry permits and TIMS Card fees.
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant before the day of departure.
- Nepal govt. taxes, vat 13% and services charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 14 days) and US$ 50 (duration 30 days)
- An international airfare and tax
- Compulsory your travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (in case of your flight change or delay in Airport) early return from the mountain.
- An extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
- Alcoholic and cold drinks.
- Tips for guide and porter (Tipping is expected).
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view