Lower Dolpo trekking
- 18 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Sightseeing at UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu
- Senic flight to Nepalgunj, and then to Juphal
- Amazing natural landscape
- Rich in alpine vegetation and wild lives
- The Shey Phoksundo Lake
- More the 100 ancient Gompas with their traditions
- Rich in Himalayan herbal medicines
- The high passes like Baga La, Numa La
Lower Dolpo Trekking
The lower Dolpo trekking is one of the attractive trekking destinations. It is the most demanded trekking destination among the clients of our agency. It is located on the isolated corner of trans-Himalayan zone of Nepal. Trekking in lower Dolpo gives tourists an exposure to one of the hidden wilderness in the earth. Dolpo region both the lower and upper is full of Buddhist monasteries and overwhelming for adventure loving trekkers. The lower Dolpo lies in the northwest part of Dolpo region. It is one of the most remote places and is also known for its high mountain lake se-Phoksundo. It is located inside the Shey Phoksundo national park in mid-western Nepal, behind the Dhaulagiri massif, towards the Tibetan plateau.
Shey Gompa and the rest of the huge park that covers 1,373 sq. km above the sea level, Phoksundo Lake is still restricted. Therefore, requires special trekking permit from Kathmandu to enter both the upper and Lower Dolo region. Lower Dolpo trek offers opportunities to visit ancient villages, high passes, beautiful Lakes, isolated Buddhist monasteries and also to experience the vast array of wildlife inhabiting the region, including Blue sheep, Mountain Goat, Jackal, Wolf and the legendary Snow Leopard. It is still remained one of the isolated corner, even though, for centuries people from Tibetan origin have continued to live, cultivate and do trading with Tibetans. The east and south of it, is bordered by the Dhaulagiri and Churen Himal ranges and to the west by Jumla district. Trekking in Lower Dolpo offers you the remarkable and worthwhile experience in your lifetime.
Lower Dolpo is considered to be the most popular trek in western Nepal. The trail passes through Shey Phoksundo national park for which an entry fee should be paid in addition to the trekking permit fees. The most convenient means of reaching lower Dolpo is to fly to Juphal airstrip, which is more four-hour walk from Dunai, the district headquarters of Dolpo. There are regular flights to Dunai from Napalgunj and we, our team of managed its own route that best suit for tourists to make their journey a fondest and memorable in lifetime.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) airport and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing and preparation for the trek.
Day 03: Flight to Nepaljung, 55 minute, Overnight at hotel .
Day 04: Flight to Jhupal (2320m) and trek to Dunai (2,850m), 2 hours, Overnight at Guest house.
Day 05: Trek to Tarakot (2543m),6 hours,Camp.
Day 06: Trek to Laini (3160 m),6 hours, Camp.
Day 07: Trek to Nawarpani (3545m),6 hours,Camp.
Day 08: Trek to Do Tarap (4090m),7 hours, Camp.
Day 09: Rest day in Do Tarap for acclimatization.
Day 10: Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4440m),7 hours,Camp.
Day 11: Cross Numa La (5190m),and camp at Pelung Tang (4465m),7 hours,Camp.
Day 12: Cross Baga La (5070m) and camp Dajok Tang (4,080m),7 hours,Camp.
Day 13: Trek to Ringmo (3600m),4 hours,Camp.
Day 14: Rest day in Ringmo for a hike to Phoksundo Lake,7-8 Hours, Come Back to Our Camp.
Day 15: Trek to Shyanta (2520m),6 hours,Camp.
Day 16: Trek to Jhupal,5 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 17: Early Morning Flight from Juphal to Nepaljung then Afternoon flight to Kathmandu.
Day 18: Free Day in Kathmandu/Leisure Day.
Day 18: Final departure for your ownard destination.
Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival and departure airport by private transportation.
- Twin sharing accommodation hotel in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj with BB plan as per Itinerary.
- Three Times meals in a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with hot beverage and snacks during the Trek.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by tour guide and Monument entries fees.
- All guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Shey Phoksundo National Park fee and Lower Dolpo permit and TIMS Cards.
- An experienced English speaking Trekking Guide.
- We provide down jacket, duffel bag, T-shirt all necessary paper and sleeping bag (if required).
- Highly experienced trekking staff:- Cook,Sherpa, Kitchen Staff and Porters.
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, Nepalgunj to Juphal, Juphal to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- First Aid medicine kits.
- Nepal government Taxes, Vat and Service charge.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Compulsory your travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for Trekking staff as per itinerary and driver (Tips is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view