Tiji Festival in Mustang Trek
- 18 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tour in UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Scenic flight from Kathmandu - Pokhara and Pokhara -Jomsom.
- Peaceful and beautiful Lake city of Pokhara with Boating a Phewa Lake
- Panoramic Mountain view of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Damodar Himal, Dolpo Himala and others.
- The Himlayan kingdom of Mustang.
- Discover the many caves and landscape.
- Experience the Old Tibetan culture and traditional life style
- Muktinath - Both religous sites of Hindus and Buddhists pilgrims- Muktinath
- Upper Mustang, the hidden treasure, inhabited by Lo
Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Trekking
It is crystal clear that Nepal is popular for its natural beauty and equally it is a rewarding destination for its cultural mysteries and heritages. The presence of hundreds of ethnic communities, religions and unique cultural observations make Nepal one of the preferred destinations for cultural and religious visits. Sixty different festivals are observed in Nepal every year. Each festival has its own way of observing and significance. To great surprise, every festival is celebrated with same passion and spirit so that the religious tolerance is enhanced. Among the celebrated in Nepal, Tiji is one of them. It is also known as Tenji is popular among Tibetan Buddhist which observed at Lo Manthang in the upper Mustang of Nepal.
Mustang region of Nepal is itself a completely isolated Himalayan kingdom of Nepal and more splendors is added by Tiji festival. We, Gorkha Adventure Pvt. Ltd has been operating different trips to Mustang region including Tiji festival cultural tour. Basically, Tibetan Buddhist celebrate this festival in the to celebrate the triumph of good over evil. During celebration, the Tibetan Buddhist devotees different mask dances connected to myth.
There is popular and interesting myth about this festival, Jiji or Tenji. The myth about Tiji is devoted to a deity named Dorje Juno and his evil father. His evil father wanted to destroy the kingdom of Upper Mustan and the son, Dorje Juno was compelled to battle against his own father in order to protect the kingdom and restore peace, prosperity and harmony among the people. Ultimately, the son, Dorje Juno was successful to drive away his evil father, Ma Tam Ruta and people were pleased to see his valor. So this festival was celebrated. Still, the people of Upper Mustang celebrate this festival with same passion.
Chasing of the demons’ is termed to the three day celebrations. All the participants of the celebration encounter at Lo Manthang from all over the Mustang and also from other parts of the country these days and observe strengthening the religious tolerance. Tiji festival normally falls in the month of May. Tiji festival is related to Buddhism to enhance world peace. The devotees or the holy monks perform different mask dance on each day. On the first day, they perform the dance called ‘TSA CHHAM’ and ‘NGA CHHAM’ on the second day. And on the third celebration, they perform the dance called ‘RHA CHHAM’. They celebrate it by throwing effigy and Tsampa believing that they will purify the evil spirits.
We, Gorkha Adventure Pvt. Ltd. operate a special pilgrimage trip package to Lo Manthang of Mustang, an alienated kingdom of Himalayas of Nepal. Thus, do not hesitate to join us.
Day to Day Itinerary
14 May 2017: Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350m. Overnight at Hotel
15 May 2017: Day 2: Full day Sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley 1350m. Overnight at Hotel.
16 May 2017: Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara 850m/ 25 minutes by flights / 5 hours by Car.
17 May 2017: Day 4: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom 2720m and Trek to Kagbeni 2800m/3-4 hours
18 May 2017: Day 5: Trek to Tsaile 3050m/5-6 hours.Overnight at Guest House.
19 May 2017: Day 6: Trek to Ghiling 3570m/6-7 hours via Chuksi Cave. Overnight at Guest House.
20 May 2017: Day 7: Trek to Drakmar 3820m/5-6 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
21 May 2017: Day 8: Trek to Lo-Manthang 3810m/7-8 hours via Ghar Gompa and Marang-La Pass.
Tenchi (Tiji) Festival Start
22 May 2017: Day 9: First day bserve Tiji Festival Lo-Manthang 3810m. Overnight at Guest House.
23 May 2017: Day 10: Second day observe Tiji Festival Lo-Manthang 3810m. Overnight at Guest House.
24 May 2017: Day 11: Final observe Tiji Festival Lo-Manthang 3810m. Overnight at Guest House.
Tenchi (Tiji) Festival End
25 May 2017: Day 12: Trek to Tsarang 3560m/3-4 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
26 May 2017: Day 13: Trek to Syangmochen 3880m/6-7 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
27 May 2017: Day 14: Trek to Chhusang 2980m/5-6 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
28 May 2017: Day 15: Trek from Chhusang to Jomsom 2720m/6-7 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
29 May 2017: Day 16: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 850m and rest. Overnight at Hotel.
30 May 2017: Day 17: Fly back Pokhara to Kathmandu 1350m/6-7 hours. Overnight at Hotel.
31 May 2017: Day 18: Final departure for your homeland.
If above trip itinerary that doesn’t suit to your holiday schedule or you wish to modify the itinerary or combines with any travel plans, then please let us know and well be happy to create a tailor made itinerary, designed especially for you. Please click here for inquiry from.
Trip Date & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Arrival and departure by private Transport.
- Standard accommodation with BB basic,Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Standard accommodation with BB basic,Hotel in Pokhara.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with a tour guide, all monuments entrance fees and tourist Transport.
- Round trip flight Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara including Airport taxes.
- Meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodges in during the trek.
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide, porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Gorkha Adventure duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (If required).
- All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP, special trekking permit).
- All grounded transportation available during the trek.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Nepal government Taxes, Vat and Service Charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost:
- Lunch, Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- International or domestic air tickets & airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipments & clothing.
- Wire transfer charge or credit card service charge as company rule.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls & all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Tips for guide, porter and drive (Tips is expected)
- Compulsory high risk medical/travel insurance.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view