Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
- 22 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tour in UNESCO Sites.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Aarughat and Dharapani to Kathmandu
- Explore the typical countryside with many ethnic groups
- View of countryside with rolling terraced farmlands
- An unique Tibetan Buddhist traditional culture and lifestyle
- Trek to restricated area of Tsum Valley
- Natural hotspring on the way in Tatopani
- Discover the Tibetan influence in this region
- Mountain views of Manaslu, Hiunchuli, Boudha Himal, Peak 29, and Ganesh Himal etc
- Cross over the Larkya La Pass ( 5,106 m)
Tsum Valley Trekking in Manaslu region
Tsum valley is a remote corner in the eastern Manaslu region of Nepal. Tsum Valley is known as the Beyul Kyimolung, the holy hidden valley of happiness first described by Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhava) in the eighth century. Only recently opened to trekking. It offers a breathtaking adventure in pristine highlands near the Tibetan frontier. Milarepa meditated in the caves of Piren Phu and there are centuries old nunneries. The sacred valley has regal Buddhist monasteries and Nunneries , far-flung village and thrilling Himalayan views.
A glittering array of panoramas, peaks and a hidden valley of Tsum awaits you! Trekking is an experience of a lifetime. Good-speed and keep on Trekking
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is a newly opened trekking trial in the Manaslu region which requires a special permit. Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek offers beautiful landscapes, lush valleys, unique Buddhist culture and above all the charm of every adventurous trekkers- spectacular Himalayan view.
Restricted Area Trekking Permit to Tsum Valley and Manaslu Conservation Area Project (MCAP) permit both issued by Immigration office Kathmandu (www.immi.gov.np).
Tsum Valley and Manaslu Trek starts from the buzzling city of Kathmandu with the sightseeing tours of cultural heritages around it. We drive to Soti Khola through Arughat. We start our trek from Soti Khola. We walk through Macha Khola, Jagat ,Lokpa and enter the entrancing Tsum valley which lies in the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal range, Sringi Himal range and Boudha Himal ranges. This serene valley is rich in ancient art, culture, and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin and seek a unique dialect. After the Tsum valley exploration, we pass Namrung to reach Samagaon. We take time to acclimatize and move up to Dharmashala and reach Bhimphedi after crossing Larkya La pass (5215m/17121ft). We further head to Tilije and Chamje and conclude our trek. On the way, we walk through the beautiful rhododendron with the beautiful mountain views everywhere. This beautiful walk along the lush rhododendron forest with the Mountain View all around you is awe inspiring.
Tsum Valley and Manaslu Region has unique environment and are exceptionally rich in bio-diversity. The charismatic combination of the majestic Himalayan ranges, high altitude glacier lakes and the fascinating flora and fauna in its undisturbed natural habitat is vivid. An interaction with the hostile local people gives you some insights about their lifestyle, tradition and culture. This trek is among the most remote and spectacular treks with rough steep tracks and limited accommodation. You can either stay at a tent or at the available tea houses during the trek.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,350 m) Airport and Transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Pre-Trip Meeting and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Aarughat (600 m), 7-8 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04: Trek to Baseri (1400 m), 6-7 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Trek to Khorlebeshi (930 m) 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Jagat (1410 m) 6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Trek to Philim ( 1590 m) 4hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek to Chumling (2363 m) 6/7 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09: Trek to Chhekampar (3,030 m), 3-4 hrs.Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10: Trek to Mu Gompa (3,910 m),1-2 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11: Acclimazation day at Mu Gompa. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12: Trek back to Chhekampar (3,030 m),6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 13: Trek to Lokpa (2,160 m), 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 14: Trek to Ghap (1,070 m), 4-5 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 15: Trek to Lho (3,180 m), 5-6 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 16: Trek to Samagaon (3,530 m), 2-3 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 17: Trek to Samdo (3,860 m), 2-3 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 18: Trek to Dharamsala (4,480 m), 2-3 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 19: Trek Larkya la Pass (5,160 m) to Bimthang (3,720 m), 7-9 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 20: Trek to Dharapani (1,860 m), 7-8 hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 21: Drive from Dharapani to Kathmandu by local transport, 9 hour, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 22: Final departure for your ownard destination.
Day 23:Transfer to Tribhuvan International Airport
If above trip itinerary that doesn’t suit to your holiday schedule or you wish to modify the itinerary or combines with any travel plans, then please let us know and well be happy to create a tailor made itinerary, designed especially for you. Please click here for inquiry from.
Trip Date & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Airport picks up and drop by private tourist transport.
- 3 Nights’ twin sharing 3 star hotels in Kathmandu including bed and breakfast.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist transport.
- Major meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek.
- Tea House basis accommodation during the trek.
- An Eco-friendly professional license holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters (2 Trekkers = 1 Porter).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Manaslu and Tsum Valley Special permit entry fee and Anaapurna Coversation Permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket, Duffle bag and sleeping bag by Gorkha Adventure if required.
- Necessary grounded transport as per above Itinerary.
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
- Nepal government taxes, vat & service charges.
Following are excluded on the above package cost:
- Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu.
- International or domestic air tickets & airport taxes -except Jomsom to Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipments & clothing.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls & all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory Your travel insurance.
- Tips for Guide, Porter and Driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view