Jiri to Gokyo Chola Pass Trekking
- 27 Days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Journey to the Shivalaya via Jiri
- Crossing enthralling suspension bridges, Crossing of Lamjura pass,
- Witness Sherpa culture in Junbesi,
- Visit largest monastery in Thubten Chholing- View Yeti’s head in Khamjung village,
- Panoramic view from national headquarter and from Everest view hotel,
- Sherpa culture in Khumjung Village,
- Visit Tengboche Monastery, Beautiful mountain view from Kalapathar,
- Spectacular view of glacier from Everest Base Camp,
- View of icy glacier lake and Everest from the Gokyo Peak.
Jiri to Gokyo Chola pass Trekking
Jiri to Chola pass , Everest base camp and Kala Pattar trekking is fantastic trekking routes, which is provide opportunity to explore the soul of Khumbu (solukhumbu), Gokyo lakes, cross the Cho la pass (5368m) and to climb the Everest base camp (5364m) , Kala Pattar (5545m). this four weeks fascinating trip offers superb view of the highest mountains including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu etc. and to interact with the indigenous people. This is considered as the highly praised trekking route to Everest region. It was in 1953 when two renewed figures sir Edmund Hillary and Mr. Tenzing Sherpa had taken the same route to Mt. Everest. after a seven hours scenic drive to Jiri, we follow spectacular route via solukhumbu area through the heart of fine Sherpa villages, each village having something new to offer an ample chance to explore beautiful forest, farming country sides and several monasteries situated at high elevation on the way to Lukla. Once one has passed Lukla, we climb on to Namche, the main trading village of the Khumbu area continuing via Thayangboche monastery to Pherche and Lobuche.
The trek has got several numbers of attractions, chief of which are the spectacular scenery, the unique culture of the Sherpa people of the solukhumbu, the region where Mt. Everest and its attendant lesser peaks are located. In order to avoid having to repeat all those ups and downs, mostly the Everest trekkers opt to fly on way. There are two alternatives for you. if you have the time, walk in from Jiri and fly out from Lukla following the itinerary as given below, or if you want to shorten the trip you can fly in to Lukla, trek to Everest and then fly out, taking 14 days to trek to Everest base camp and Kalapatthar or you just can visit Gokyo lake and Gokyo Ri or Tyangboche monastery in a week.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) Airport and Transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Jiri (1950m) with public bus. About 8 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 03: Trek to Shivalaya (1800m). About 5/6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 04: Trek to Bhandar (2190m). About 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Trek to Sete (2520m). About 5/6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Junbesi (2580m).About 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Trek to Nungthala (2200m).About 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Trek to Bupsa (2360m). About 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09: Trek to Chablung/Chheplung (2700m).About 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m). About 7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3440m). Overnight at Guest House.
Day 12: Trek to Dole (4090m). About 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 13: Trek to Machhermo (4410m). About 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 14: Trek to Gokyo (4750m). About 5 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 15: Full-day hiking in Gokyo RI (5357m). Overnight at Guest House.
Day 16: Trek to Thangna/Dragnag (4700m). About 4/5 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 17: Trek to Dzongla (4830m) over the Cho La Pass (5368m). About 8 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 18: Trek to Lobuche (4910m). About 4/5 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 19: Trek to Gorak Shep (5140m), About 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House. Visit to the Everest base camp (5364m). About 8 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 20: Early morning hike to Kala Pattar (5545m) then trek to Dingboche (4410m). About 6/7 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 21: Trek to Tengboche (3867m). About 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 22: Trek to Manjo (2835m). About 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 23: Trek to Lukla (2840m). About 6 hours, Overnight at Guest House.
Day 24: Lukla-Early morning, fly back to Kathmandu (1350m). about 30 minute flight Overnight at Hotel.
Day 25: Full-day Sightseeing in Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Bhaktapur.
Day 26: Shopping day/Leisure day in Kathmandu.
Day 27: Final departure for your onward destination or Home land.
We also arrange: - The itinerary we offer is mainly the guideline to your trip. Our customized itineraries address your specific requirements. You are kindly requested to councult our expert team in order to be perfectly equipped for the Packages as per your interest and requirement with Gorkha Adventure.
Better to know: - One can’t control over natural happenings. So, different unforeseen natural as well as political environment, weather condition, disasters which are out of our control, can affect your tour. As a result, your itineraries may get changed. In such cases, our leading representative will arrange the best alternative itineraries in minimum cost more effectively. However, you shall keep in mind that any delayed schedule or inconvenience caused by the natural obstacles are to be bared in the particula trip yourself.
Flight delayed or cancelation: - In Nepal, Twin-otters are the primary means of transportation in the air for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu. These flights sometimes can be delayed by few hours or even cancelled for one or many days because of poor visibility, bad weather or technical problems. The delay or cancelation of flights may occur even in fair weather. You must be aware of the bitter truth ‘always anticipate the sudden weather in the mountains’. Undoubtedly, We do our best to ease you by arranging another flight. Helicopter flights could be the alternative. Instead, Gorkha Adventure team will offer you different optional day-activities i.e. hiking, local cultural tours (Monastery sight-seeing) and so on of your choice on your buffer days either in Kathmandu or you can change your trail to Annapurna, Langtang or any other regions. Kindly, note that you will not get refunded on such cases and we will offer you the accommodations only before the starting of your trekking. In case, cancelation of your flights at the end of trip, you have to bear all your expenses in Lukla.
Trip Date & Price
Trip dates and price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost
- Airport picks up and airport drop by private transportation.
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Historical monuments cities sightseeing with tour guide.
- Sightseeing transportation by non A/C comfortable vehicle.
- Kathmandu hotel to airport and airport to hotel transportation by car/van/bus depend on group size.
- Kathmandu to Jiri Bazaar overland transportation by express public bus.
- Lukla to Kathmandu air tickets and airport taxes for guest and staff (guide/porters).
- Twin sharing trekking accommodation in normal trekker’s lodge/teahouse.
- Three time meal a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trip.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide.
- Government license holder trekking guide/leader for the team.
- One porter from Kathmandu who will carry your luggage during the trekking (two person get one porter).
- Everest National park entry permit, Tims Card and fee.
- Insurance for Nepalese staff (trekking guide and porters).
- Nepal government tax and office service charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Wire transfer charge or credit card service charge as company rule.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls and all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drink such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory Your travel insurance and first aid kit.
- Hot water, hot shower and battery charge fees.
- Tip for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view