Jiri to Gokyo Chola Pass Trekking
- 28 Days
- Nepal-Everest Region
- Min: 2 Pax
- An altitude-5545 meter
- An experience the art, culture and history of Nepal in UNESCO listed world cultural heritage sites in Kathmandu,
- Take a breathtaking flight fromLukla, 35 minutes
- Get some insights about Sherpa people, their lifestyle, Awe-inspiring Buddhist Monasteries in Khumbu.
- Hike to Everest Base Camp and Chola pass admire the fabulous of worlds highest peaks, Everest Amadablam, Makalu, Nuptse, Thamserku, Lhotse and Khumbu icefall
- Stay at the best available Lodge/Guesthouses during the trek.
Jiri to Gokyo Chola pass Trekking
Jiri to Chola pass , Everest base camp and Kala Pattar trekking is fantastic trek which is provide opportunity to explore the soul of Khumbu (solukhumbu), Gokyo lakes, cross the Cho la pass (5368m) and to climb the Everest base camp (5364m) , Kala Pattar (5545m). this four weeks fascinating trip offers superb view of the highest mountains including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu etc. and to interact with the indigenous people. This is considered as the highly praised trekking route to Everest region. It was in 1953 when two renewed figures sir Edmund Hillary and Mr. Tenzing Sherpa had taken the same route to Mt. Everest. after a seven hours scenic drive to Jiri, we follow spectacular route via solukhumbu area through the heart of fine Sherpa villages, each village having something new to offer an ample chance to explore beautiful forest, farming country sides and several monasteries situated at high elevation on the way to Lukla. Once one has passed Lukla, we climb on to Namche, the main trading village of the Khumbu area continuing via Thayangboche monastery to Pherche and Lobuche.
The trek has got several numbers of attractions, chief of which are the spectacular scenery, the unique culture of the Sherpa people of the solukhumbu, the region where Mt. Everest and its attendant lesser peaks are located. In order to avoid having to repeat all those ups and downs, mostly the Everest trekkers opt to fly on way. There are two alternatives for you. if you have the time, walk in from Jiri and fly out from Lukla following the itinerary as given below, or if you want to shorten the trip you can fly in to Lukla, trek to Everest and then fly out, taking 14 days to trek to Everest base camp and Kalapatthar or you just can visit Gokyo lake and Gokyo Ri or Tyangboche monastery in a week.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Full-day Sightseeing in Swayambhunath, Kathmandu and Patan.
Day 03: Kathmandu drive bus to Jiri (1950m).
Day 04: Trek to Shivalaya (1800m).
Day 05: Trek to Bhandar (2190m).
Day 06: Trek to Sete (2520m).
Day 07: Trek to Junbesi (2580m).
Day 08: Trek to Nungthala (2200m).
Day 09: Trek to Bupsa (2360m).
Day 10: Trek to Chablung/Chheplung (2700m).
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m).
Day 12: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3440m).
Day 13: Trek to Dole (4090m).
Day 14: Trek to Machhermo (4410m).
Day 15: Trek to Gokyo (4750m).
Day 16: Full-day hiking in Gokyo RI (5357m).
Day 17: Trek to Thangna/Dragnag (4700m).
Day 18: Trek to Dzongla (4830m) over the Cho La Pass (5368m).
Day 19: Trek to Lobuche (4910m).
Day 20: Trek to Gorak Shep (5140m) then visit Everest base camp (5364m).
Day 21: Early morning hiking in Kala Pattar (5545m) then trek to Dingboche (4410m).
Day 22: Trek to Tengboche (3867m).
Day 23: Trek to Manjo (2835m).
Day 24: Trek to Lukla (2840m).
Day 25: Early morning Lukla flight to Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 26: Full-day Sightseeing in Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Bhaktapur.
Day 27: Shopping day/Leisure day in Kathmandu.
Day 28: Final departure for your onward destination.
Trip Date & Price
Trip dates and price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost
- Airport picks up and airport drop by private transportation.
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Historical monuments cities sightseeing with tour guide.
- Sightseeing transportation by non A/C comfortable vehicle.
- Kathmandu hotel to airport and airport to hotel transportation by car/van/bus depend on group size.
- Kathmandu to Jiri Bazaar overland transportation by express public bus.
- Lukla to Kathmandu air tickets and airport taxes for guest and staff (guide/porters).
- Twin sharing trekking accommodation in normal trekker’s lodge/teahouse.
- Three time meal a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trip.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide.
- Government license holder trekking guide/leader for the team.
- One porter from Kathmandu who will carry your luggage during the trekking (two person get one porter).
- Everest National park entry permit, Tims Card and fee.
- Insurance for Nepalese staff (trekking guide and porters).
- Nepal government tax and office service charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- International air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Wire transfer charge or credit card service charge as company rule.
- Alcoholic beverages, laundry, telephone calls and all type of hot drinks.
- Soft drink such as cola, mineral water etc.
- Compulsory Your travel insurance and first aid kit.
- Hot water, hot shower and battery charge fees.
- Tip for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Cost Includes' section.
Your safety is paramount concern while travelling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the Itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep the above Itinerary, However since this adventure entails travelling in remote region of Himalaya, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of group member, unexpected Natural disaster, etc. Can all contribute to change in the itinerary? The team will try to ensure that the trips runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required on conform.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view