Everest Three Pass Trek
- 22 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- An altitude-5545 meter with stunning views of Everest
- An experience the art, culture and history of Nepal, UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu,
- Take a wonderful flight to Lukla, about 35 minutes
- Embark on one of the World's most popular treks
- involved the real mountain people (Sherpa), their lifestyle, Awe-inspiring
- Visit the Tengboche Monastery in Khumbu.
- Enjoying, local cuisine on the trail and in tea houses
- Hike to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar admire the fabulous of worlds highest peaks, Everest, Amadablam, Makalu, Nuptse, Thamserku, Lhotse and around Khumbu icefall.
The three passes trek in Everest’s Khumbu region is a challenging journey for trekkers seeing the thrills of a Himalayan adventure. From east to west the highest mountain passes are the Kongma la (5527m/18,135ft), Cho-la (5420m/17,783ft) and Renjo la (5375m/17,634ftt). If you are good shape and looking for something beyond the ordinary, then Everest’s three passes is ideal for you!
With the possession of eight of the world’s ten tallest mountains, these ice-capped beauties define our distinctive perspective on tourism. Experience the highest of them all, right ahead of you, on the Everest High Passes trek. Also commercialized as the Everest Transverse Trek, this is a daunting pursuit for those seeking an adventurous vacation. Amidst frosty pinnacles, feel virtually on top of the world. Explore the crown of the world, Mount Everest, and unleash your fearless persona, with the Everest high passes trek.
On favorable demand and physically grueling, this expedition is for genuinely high spirited individuals. Complete the challenge by progressing through complex passes, namely-Kongma la, Cho la and Renjo la. This program provides the opportunity to visit the Everest base camp, Kalapatthar, Gokyo valley, Gokyo Ri and introduces a route to the remote and unexplored Nagpa la valley, the Sherpa village of Mar lung, the monastery village of Thame and other major remote Sherpa village and valleys.
The Cho La Pass is a predominantly used pass; however, Kongma La and Renjo La are less frequented. The Renjo La pass is a majestic area, providing stunning views of the north and south ridge of Mt. Everest. Capture the essence of Gokyo village, with glistening blue lakes, a colossal glacier, the Cho La pass on the lap of Everest and Mount Makalu including numerous other mountains, on a single frame. The trek to the Khumbu follows the narrow Dudhkoshi valley to Namche Bazaar gateway of the Khumbu region. The settlement is located in a natural amphitheater overlooking a valley with the astonishing spectacle of the surrounding mountains. After scaling the summit of Kongma La, we compose our way towards the Everest base camp, through Khumbu glacier and wonder at the sight of the Khumbu icefall. Our trek to the view point of Kalapatthar is followed by the tough climb through Cho La, which eventually leads us to the tranquil lakes at the Gokyo valley. It splits away from the Everest Base Camp journey and head into breathtaking Chukung valley before surmounting the Kongma la working a west to cross a small glacier to the Chola and finally over the Renjo-La. The whole journey offers non-stop jaw-dropping mountain scenery that you will be highlight if a lifetime.
The high passes Everest trek commences with a brief exploration of the temples, shrines, bazaar and recreational areas of Kathmandu. Landing at Lukla airport the following day, we set out on the quest along the classic route through Sagarmatha national park, Dudh Koshi River, colorful landscapes, forests, villages, Gompas and monasteries in the land enclosed by the soaring peaks. We depart from the definitive trail at Dingboche and proceed northwards to Chhukung. A days rest at Chhukung is distinguished to visit Chhukung Ri, to help acclimatize before attempting the Kongma la pass.
After enjoying grand views from Gokyo Ri, we make our way to the next great pass, the Renjo la. After a night in Mar lung, we follow the route used for centuries by Tibetan traders via Nagpa la to get to the large Sherpa village of Thame. Again, following the classic route, we descend to Namche and hence, conclude the Everest high passes trek program, with a brief flight back to Kathmandu.
Trip Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1350m) airport (TIA) and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Full-day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and preparation for the treks.
Day 03: Early morning fly Ktm to Lukla (35 minutes) and trek to Phakding (2652m/8699ft), 3 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft), 6/7 hour.
Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazar and acclimatize to Everest view hotel.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12660ft), 5/6 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft), 5/6 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Chhukung (4700m/15416ft), 2 hour walking.
Day 09: Hiking to Chhukung Ri (5540m/18171ft) and return Chhukung, walking 6 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche (4910m/16104 ft) via Kongma La pass (5335m/17498 ft), 7/8 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17594ft) & back to Gorakshep (5181m/16994ft), 7/8 hours.
Day 12: Hiking to Kalapattar (5545m/18188 ft) - Gorakshep and Trek to Dzongla (4830m/15840 ft), 7/8 hours.
Day 13: Trek to Dragnak/Thangna (4700m/15415 ft) via crossing Cho La pass (5420m/17780 ft), 7/8 hour.
Day 14: Trek to Gokyo Lakes (4790m/15710 ft), 3/4 hour.
Day 15: Early morning hiking to Gokyo-RI (5483m/19083ft) and back to Gokyo Lake, 4/5 hours.
Day 16: Trek to Lunden (4300m/14104 ft) via crossing Renjo La pass (5340m/17843 ft), 7/8 hours.
Day 17: Trek to Thame (3800m/13464ft), 4/5 hours.
Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft), 4/5 hours.
Day 19: Trek to Lukla (2800m/9184ft), 7/8 hour.
Day 20: Fly back Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 21: Shopping day/Leisure day in Kathmandu for relax.
Day 22: Final departure for your onward destination.
Trip Date & Price
Trip dates and price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
|USD $||Book Now|
|USD $||Book Now|
Following are included on the above package cost
- Arrival and departure (airport/hotel) transfer by private tourist Vehicle.
- Four night’s accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek; we provide private bathrooms with hot shower at Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Seasonal fruits during the trek.
- One highly experienced helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.
- Both way domestic flight ticket (Kathmandu – Lukla and Lukla – Kathmandu) including departure taxes.
- Duffle bag for the trekking.
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek.
- Gorkha Adventure T - shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate.
- First aid medical kit.
- Everest National Park entry permits and TIMS Card fee.
- Farewell dinner in traditional Nepali restaurant before the day of departure.
- All our Nepal govt. taxes, vat and services charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days)
- An international airfare and tax
- An excess baggage charge.
- Compulsory your travel and rescue insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (in case of your flight change or delay in Airport) early return from the mountain.
- An extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
- Alcoholic and cold drinks.
- Tips for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
Important Note: Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view