Annapurna Sunrise Trekking
- 11 days
- Min: 2 Pax
- Kathmandu Sightseeing tour in World Heritage Sites
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Majestic views of Dhaulagiri and The Kali Gandaki gorge
- Lake city of Pokhara and sightseeing around it
- Stunning views of Annapurna Massif, Nilgiri, Fishtail and Dhaulagiri from Poon Hill
- Gurung Museum and Handicrafts in Ghandruk
- Slate roofed Gurung village in Ghandruk & their culture
- The most inspiring Gurung culture and their tradition
Annapurna Sunrise Trekking
The Annapurna Ghandruk loop, 3, 4 days trek is suitable for children or weary trekkers, as it doesn’t entail any particularly long walking days and there is always plenty to see. The trek involves no difficult climbing or ascents to high altitudes. The trail passes through rhododendron forest and fascinating traditional Gurung village at Dhampus and Ghandruk; a nice opportunity to witness the culture and tradition of Nepalese countryside. This trek gives of the Annapurna. this trek start from Birethanti and ends at phedi, trail passes through the famous Gurung village Ghandruk which provides you breathtaking views of Annapurna south, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhre and Hiunchuli.
Annapurna Panorama Trek is one of the most popular short treks in the Annapurna region of Nepal. This trek also popularly known as Ghorepani Poonhill Trek, Annapurna sunrise trek or the Poon Hill Panorama Trek. It is redefined as the short and easy trek in Nepal which is ideal for the time bound people of all ages and can be experienced all year around. The sunrise view from the Poonhill view point at an altitude of 3210m is considered as the one of the best in the world. When the golden rays of the sun slowly strikes the glorious snow-white Annapurna Himalayan range, Dhaulagiri Himalayan range, Manaslu and Mt. fishtail, well its beauty just cant be described in words.
Ghorepani poonhill / Annapurna panorama trek begin after exploring the historical Kathmandu valley and taking a 6 hours drive to Pokhara. We will trek ahead towards Ulleri climbing the hill with more than 3300 steps of stone which is amazing site itself testing your determination to go further towards Ghorepani. Next day early morning we trek further towards poonhill which offers the best panoramic view of Himalayan ranges especially it is famous for its sunrise view. After taking the plentiful of mind blowing pictures we will trek towards Ghandruk villages inhabited by Hindus and Buddhist mainly Gurung. Following the Annapurna trails now we descend down towards Birethanti passing through the beautiful rhododendron forests, small settlements delighting you from all around. We conclude our Annapurna panorama trek after hiking down to Pokhara and taking a return drive back to Kathmandu. On these trekking days we will be staying overnight at local tea-houses that offers all the necessities required.
This journey can be experienced all year around. However it is not recommended in monsoon season (June, July, and August) as the trekking route becomes wet and slippery. This Annapurna trek doesn’t comprises passing through high altitudes and no danger of altitude sickness. Therefore it is considered as short, easy trek and is recommended to visit with your family members to create a memorable moments in the wonderful Annapurna region.
Day to Day Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Full-day Sightseeing in Swayambhunath, Kathmandu and Patan
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (850m), 6 hour
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1,010m), 1 hour and trek to Tikhedunga (1,570m), 4 hour
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m), 6/7 hour
Day 06: Hiking to Poon Hill (3,210m/10529ft) and Trek to Tadapani (2,610m/8560ft), 6/7 hour
Day 07: Tadapani to Ghandruk (1950m/6396ft) and Pothana (1900) 6/7 hour
Day 08: Trek to Dhampus phedi then drive to Pokhara (850m)
Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu by Tourist bus, 7 hour
Day 10: Full-day Sightseeing in Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Bhaktapur
Day 11: Final departure for your home land.
Trip Date & Price
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
Following are included on the above package cost.
- Airport pick up and airport drop by private tourist transport a/c car/van/bus.
- Two Nights Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast
- One Nights Accommodation in Pokhara twin sharing on Bed and Breakfast
- All accommodation and meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and transportation
- An experienced English-speaking and Government license holder Trekking guide.
- Guide and porter including salary, insurance, flight, food and lodging ( 1 porter for 2 trekkers basis).
- All necessary paper works, trekking permits and TIMS card.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All trekking equipment for trekking staff.
- Grounded transportation as per above Itinerary.
- Nepal Government tax and office service charge.
Following are excluded on the above package cost.
- Lunch and dinner during the stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- International or domestic air tickets and airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 25 (duration 15 days) and US$ 40 (duration 30 days).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Compulsory Travel and rescue insurance
- All Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, bottle, hot shower etc)
- Tips for trekking, tour staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- All kind of drinks, hot water, alcoholic and soft drinks.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in cost include.
Important Note: Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with our agency. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
Please click on thumbnail pic to have larger view